Phone number "invalid" issue being a complete run around

Same issue here. I have Cricket as my cell phone provider and have the same “Invalid phone number” issue. Mind you, Cricket is owned by parent company AT&T!! Cmon Blizzard! I just downloaded 90 gigs!

6 Likes

Well not to beat a dead horse here it is the same still, the last update i got is that they will not authenticate numbers with a 204 area code, if you live in manitoba you know that is essentially 90 percent of the numbers and they are unwilling to change it. completely disgusted

2 Likes

March 3rd 2021 and still have the issue. this company sucks and should not be in charge of anything anymore. have used my phone number for every other service, even more important ones and yet this trash company doesn’t allow my number.

1 Like

Yeah… unfortunately, I and a friend are both also having the same issue. I am with Freedom Mobile and have a 226 number, which is common in Ontario. It is most definitely not pre-paid or VOIP. If anybody has found a solution, please share. We all want to join in the fun!

3 Likes

I’m also having this issue, I have cricket and live in FL. No reason to be experiencing this, my number isn’t prepaid yet it says it’s invalid

2 Likes

236 with Freedom and same crapolla

Do they plan to pay your monthly bill if post-paid is mandatory??

1 Like

Well I’m getting the same problem invalid phone number. Well goodbye blizzard not worth my time and energy trying to figure it out

2 Likes

Dude same, maybe blizzard should realize that it doesn’t only effect a small amount of people. my number isn’t pre payed, I never change states, and it still is broken.

1 Like

Friend of mine had the same bullcrap happen to him. He finally just gave up and got CoD on his Playstation. Blizzard needs to seriously change. For the past 2 years I seen Blizz going down bad roads so to speak, First Blizzcon in 2019, than Reforge, than recently I saw them deleting posts on there blizzcoline twitch about reforge. THe whole company seems to be in shambles, I honestly don’t understand how they can keep screwing up simple things like this. I starting to wonder if they even read their own forums. I hope this gets fix before this August.

Likely not anything in 907 either. So all of Alaska.

1 Like

What a piece of crap company. Don’t spend a dime on this trash.

1 Like

Same issue here. Blizzard is falsely labeling Call of Duty Warzone as “free to play”. Instead it should say “free to PAY” and a complete waste of time with additional BS requirements of a phone with a specific carrier. Blizzard is a complete failure and instead of gaining my interest and business it’s turning me away and I’m sharing this disappointment with all other gamers so they don’t waste their time with an enormous download for something they can’t play. I guess I’ll stick with CS:GO because it is free, unlike Blizzard’s BS.

3 Likes

lol blizzard is shot as always… issue still resides

Issue is still happening. They won’t let me use my phone number and I am registered with Cricket. I think their system sees it as a “Pre-paid” phone number which isn’t correct. BLizzard, y’all need to look into this because Cricket isn’t a prepaid service.

yup. can’t play warzone because it requires a phone number, and it says my phone number is invalid.
my phone provider is one of canada’s largest telecommunications providers and apparently it’s invalid? support has been NO help whatsoever. they say there is a live chat from 2pm-5pm CST, but no option exists when I try to contact support. Only the email option which has been completely useless so far.

Pre-paid plans, and country mismatches all can result in an invalid flag. CS can’t over ride that. They can help you if your country on your account is wrong. The information on it is in the support article.

If you do need to put in a ticket make sure that you get a ticket number confirmation emailed to you - that means it actually went through.

Note: MVPs are other players, not Blizzard staff. MVPs do not speak for Blizzard or represent Blizzard.

The only way around this is to do the one thing that they are trying to prevent - use a fake phone number service. Totally irresponsible of Blizzard to force us legitimate users into doing this. I wouldn’t even know about these services if it wasn’t for this specific issue and needing to Google a solution. I happen to have a phone with Cricket. It is a REAL phone that I happily want to provide Blizzard the number for… but they won’t accept it. Fine… fake phone number it is. You can use any of the SMS providers that give non-voip temporary number. I googled for “temporary physical phone number for sms verification” and used one of the first results. You might need to pay a couple of bucks (or a little Bitcoin to be extra safe), but it’s easier than spending hours trying to contact Blizzard support and having to listen to their canned excuses! I hope this helps someone… it worked for me.

4 Likes

Bruh FR My criket DOES NOT WORK even though JUST BEFORE I USED IT ON SOMETHING ELSE AND IT WORKED LIKE TF

SOB, im using cricket now i cant play the game