Permanent ban on battle.net but no ban activision

I saw this on a couple of discussions but no resolution. My account appears to be banned on battle.net but not activision. Blizzard says it’s an activision ban, contact them. When I go through the menus to appeal at Activision it says nothing to appeal, no banned games. This is a circular reference with no way to contact anybody (can’t go any further at Activision because no ban). What can I do?

I tried to figure out how to contact Activision but it only says “account not banned” as I stated previously and it doesn’t provide any way to contact them. Please help somehow as I can’t resolve this. Software says banned, they say nothing’s banned. I can’t get ahold of anybody.

My account says “account banned” (lower left Battle.net screen, also when I start the game) but when I go to the activision web page to appeal it says “NO BAN DETECTED” and I never received an email detailing the ban. Is my account hacked? How do I know?

From activision web site:
NOT ELIGIBLE FOR APPEAL

NO BAN DETECTED
GAME(S):
Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile
Call of Duty: Warzone
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II
Call of Duty: Vanguard
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Call of Duty: Warzone Caldera
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
DESCRIPTION:
We did not detect an active ban on your Activision account. If you need help with any other issues, please check out our Support Options.

3 Likes

Same. No appeal, no bans detected.

1 Like

same here after months of not playing any info on this subject?

2 Likes

same here, they need to sort there sh*t out
there happy enough taking £84.99 from me for pre ordering MW3
2 days later account banned on battle.net

2 Likes

I am having this exact same issue. Using the Activision Support web page I get the exact same issue. Does anyone know who to contact or how to resolve this? I lost my MW2019 account and never got an email refering to a possible hacking to my account or the reasoning for my banned account. Thank you everyone for discussing this problem.

1 Like

I just received a permanent ban on Battle.net after playing MW3 Beta for about 45 minutes. Strange part is I’m able to get on my PS5 and load into games. I also was able to download warzone on steam and play on my account. I have no idea what this means? I wouldn’t be upset but I just preordered the MW3 vault edition on Battle.net and now it’s useless. Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 Like

literally the same thing has happened to me. wtf. no ban detected on activision side and battle net launcher says account banned. make it make sense. I’ve created a ticket with blizzard and a ticket with activision. activision has confirmed they see no active ban on my account, and have given me some lame steps to “fix it”.

• Reset MAC address
  • Power cycle modem/router: Turn the modem off and on again (at least for 3 minutes)
  • Try a different network (this includes: Hotspot, either wireless or tethering-USB)
  • Switch between Wired and Wireless connection
  • Check if no other devices are connected to the network.
  • Update NAT type to open or 1
  • Port forwarding
  • Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
    If mentioned above didn’t work, please help us with the following details:
  • Region:
  • Download Speed:
  • Upload speed:
  • NAT:
  • Internet Service Provider:
  • Brand and model of the router:
  • Port and static IP images:
  • Number of devices connected to your internet simultaneously:
  • A screenshot that shows the port you forwarded
  • The estimated date when the issue started
  • Are you on a public network such as a school or military base?

blizzard has not responded yet…

1 Like

This happened to me 2 weeks ago. I went to play call of duty and it states “account banned” under the play button. I figured out that somebody linked their PSN account to my Activision account. When I’d go to appeal the ban Battle.net says it’s on Activision side and on the Activision side it says I’m not banned. Plus they won’t address any tickets that don’t have to do with its subject. This issue needs to be addressed by somebody please. It’s destroying people’s livelihood,

2 Likes

Happened to me today played 1 round if mulitplayer came back a few hours later and now banned on Battlenet but no ban on Activision side. $108 vault edition wasted if no resolution.

2 Likes

I have exactly the same scenario, blizzard says its an activision ban, Activision says im not banned at all. Bought the vault edition weeks ago and even took holiday from work to play it with friends and out of nowhere i now cant play it wtf man. Im furious with this, just want to play my £85 game!

2 Likes

I am also in this boat. My friend gifted me the Vault Edition and I was banned immediately when trying to play it. They can’t refund it and I’m not able to refund. Processing a dispute as fraud.

i am in the exact same boat.

i hadn’t opened cod in likely 6-8 months.
as the new one came out i of course bought it due to it being shiny. to my surprise i was not able to buy it because of this account ban.

naturally i went to appeal it and it also says im not banned on any of the games.

i never received any notice or alerts as per my apparent infractions. im a paying customer and have been since i was 13 and would consider buying the next ones in the future.

let me know if you find any way arounds to fix this.
gl

Did you ever figure out a solution the same thing just happend to me on mw3 after i just spent 3 weeks unlocking the mastery camo says im not banned on activision but it does on battle.net launcher

I have the symptoms today. I play almost every day, including yesterday, and just got the “Account banned” in Battlenet today. Activision says I can’t appeal because there is no ban. Anyone know how to fix?

WTFFFFFFFF … u2 … i can’t beleve it …

i was crashing in google 4 my problem and i found this battlenet Forums

i don’t get it … me 2 get banned from cod mw from steam …

and when i contact activision they says NO BAN DETECTED

NOT ELIGIBLE FOR APPEAL

NO BAN DETECTED
GAME(S):
Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile
Call of Duty: Warzone
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II
Call of Duty: Vanguard
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Call of Duty: Warzone Caldera
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
DESCRIPTION:
We did not detect an active ban on your Activision account. If you need help with any other issues, please check out our Support Options

what is going on???

This forum is for the Blizzard Desktop launcher application. It sounds like your issue is with Steam or Activision, or both. Blizzard has no role in Activition game account bans, nor Steam bans of those games.

The only way Blizzard could help you is if your whole Battlenet account that lets you access the launcher was banned. In which case you would appeal through a Blizzard ticket. It does not sound like that is the case though.

Okay if this is a problem with Activision and from Activision, why does it say that im not qualified for an appeal as there is no ban !? :thinking:

Im only seeing that im banned through the battle.net client.

The response im getting from Battlenet’s customer support and all that im reading on battlenet forums just doesnt add up.

A clarification on how
to resolve this case that many consumers are facing < would be nice and very much appreciated >

I would personally like to resolve my problem and pointing fingers isnt the correct way to resolve anyone’s problem.

I have seen posts about this before. I don’t work there, or have any access to any Blizzard system. MVPs are other players. I can’t tell you why it would show you as banned via the Blizz app, but Activision would have no record of it. You are not the only one in that boat though.