My wife travels for work long term, and comes back for a few weeks or a month between contracts. I obviously do not plan on playing during the times when she is home.
Is there a way I can pause my subscription during the time she is home so i’m not paying for a period of time that i’m not going to play?
Boy have the forums changed since I played like…10 years ago. I hope I posted this in the correct location.
WoW Customer Support is probably the location you wanted but I can answer your question 
Yes, you can pause a subscription but it is not the “on” and “off” that you might be looking for. It only pauses the next billing date, not your active game time that you are in the middle of at the time. Read through this and see if it is what you are looking for.
You may end up deciding to switch to monthly which lets you decide each month if you want to play or not.
If you have further questions you can ask on the WoW CS forum. That is an Information Desk for support questions.