Only Blizzard games crash my computer pls help

Howdy,
Put in a ticket and support told me just to come post here. Long story short, WoW and Diablo 4 constantly cause my computer to crash. They are the only games that do this. I can play much more demanding games without issue indefinitely. I changed my RAM and my SSD both. Redownloaded Battle.net and the applications, nothing changed. Someone please help.

1 Like

Hi, volunteer here. Unexpected shutdowns are beyond the scope of the tech support forums. You can find more info about why Blizz has this stance and the next steps to pursue here:

If a local tech isn’t an option, I recommend the Microsoft forums for troubleshooting hardware-related problems.

All due respect, this is basically what the GM on my ticket told me. He also told me to post here to see if I could get any help from the community…so im here for help from the community

1 Like

…which is what you received from Nicole.

2 Likes

I have the same exact issue. Started about a month ago. Only WoW and Diablo 4 crash and it’s completely random. My PC is a brand new fully decked out Alienware R15 with an Nvidia 4090. Drivers are up to date. I play way more demanding games at max settings and have no issues. It’s definitely just a Blizzard thing.

3 Likes

And as usual the “help” being provided is completely irrelevant.
Microsoft forums? THE ISSUE LIES WITH BLIZZARD GAMES, NOT WITH WINDOWS.
There are huge problems with the battle.net launcher, the update agent and the game files themselves. You can run decked out, brand new systems and have issues from day one, but the “support” is that you are told nothing is wrong. I guess if you refuse to see it as an issue, the issue disappears. Right?

3 Likes

The game software cannot initiate a system shut down, that is a Windows system function signaling a problem with drivers or physical hardware. Blizzard’s stance on not supporting system shutdowns (the giant red banner on the support doc) has existed for many years, and may have been their stance when the game launched (I didn’t check back then).

Either way, I provided the next best steps for looking into the problem. I don’t offer reading memory dumps for system crashes as a volunteer service, but people in the Microsoft forum do.

These aren’t as common of a complaint as you may think. This forum is only for people experiencing issues, so naturally that’s all you’ll see here. But for most people, things are working as intended. I ran into one “accept the new EULA” alert and one “new permissions” alert since the patch, but no other issues.

YUP! The same problem here!
DIABLO IV crashes after just 1-2 minutes! I also have ALIENWARE DESK TOP and is running OK!
Have been waiting for a NEW UPDATE solving this issue TO NO AVAIL.
IT HAS BEEN over a month and I do NOT see DIABLO HELPING all the ones that are having the same problems.

SAME PROBLEM here with DIABLO IV, Have been waiting for over a month for a solution to the CRASHES after 1-2 minutes.
Maybe the TECHS are reading our mgs.

I even tried reinstalling both Diablo 4 and WoW multiple times and setting graphics to minimum and it makes no difference. To be clear, for me it’s not shutting down my PC just crashing to the desktop.

1 Like

I have the same issue too. It also started a month or two ago. I thought is was my computer, but it definitely isn’t. I can play any other game with no issues. Only Blizzard games are affected. To include Diablo 4 and Starcraft 2. Ever since Microsoft took over…nothing but issues. You all need to fix this. I invested a lot of money in the games and in game content. You will be looking at a class action if you don’t fix it.

1 Like

Starcraft won’t even open the custom arcade without freezing. Diablo 4 runs so slow I can’t even play it.

1 Like

Same problem. Starcraft 2 opens but choosing custom arcade make it freezes. Had to restart my computer.

For the freezing issue, you can check a recent thread in the SC2 Tech forum:

GM’s aren’t very smart,… depending on your OS., lets say you run Ubuntu 22.04 LTS… and set the wine cfg to windows 8.1 running lutris for battle.net loader …wow shuts down unexpectingly on graphics setting 5… but on graphics setting 2 it will never shut down… and this is because ubuntu doesn’t utilize OpenGL like win or Mac…

Heyo,

Try this if you run windows.

Open CMD on your PC with admin rights and type this:

sfc /scannow

Let that run, if there is any errors run it again, reboot when complete after it shows nothing is wrong.

Check your updates for your graphics card.
Clean out your temp files.
Reinstall the app.
Reverify the game files… do be warned that battle.net app takes AGES to do this… (last time I did this took 24 hours and for my sister 72).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.