Not Getting Updates Automatically

Whether I am on the standard or the beta BattleNet agent. I am not getting automatic
updates unless I restart my PC it seems. Is this something to do with Win 11 or some other way my PC is setup that is just not getting the updates straight away. It also seems to take forever looking for updates. Yes, my app is set to receive automatic updates (at a specific time). I also have written about this topic previously about the beeta version. Updates and beta?

Hey there,

So you have to restart the entire PC, exiting and restarting the Blizzard Desktop application doesn’t have it check for updates?

My main recommendation would be to fully remove the app and support data.

1. Open file explorer/file manager (Right Click Windows Start)
  2. Navigate to the folder where the desktop application would normally be installed. Delete that folder if it exists (usually program files x86)
  3. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA% and press enter.
  4. Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
  5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with %PROGRAMDATA% %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
  6. Empty the recycle bin.
  7. Now reinstall the app to the C: Drive.

Do not alter any settings and retest to see if it works the way the settings say it should. If it does, then alter the settings to your preference and retest. If the issue comes back, return the settings back to default and see if the issue goes away. This should help you find the source of the issue and if necessary that can be reported as a bug in the bug report forum.

It may be a week before I know if it worked or not. Seeing it was the updating that was affected.
So, it took 2 downloads. 3 reloads and changing the Battle.net and Battle.net Launcher files to ‘Launch as Admin’ to get them to work as they are meant too. And then it was also able to locate the Starcraft (game) file that on the previous loading that it wasn’t also able too. Updates are working right currently. We will see what happens at reset (as previously stated with the 1 week stated).
One problem I also notice now is the window is now minimizing when game opens - even with it marked (tried unmarked and remarking).

22/03/22
So, I tried to update again tonight. I did everything last week. This week. Same problem! Waiting on another update. Is it waiting for the other BNET update to start (since there is more than one)? And then just stuck in a loop because it’s just like two people waiting to see if a pool is too cold? Neither is eager to take the first step, so they just sit there?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.