Multiple Errors. BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 and BLZBNTAGT00000960

I updated Cod warzone couple days ago. After updating to Season 3, i got after 20 - 30min of gameplay DEV ERROR 6068 (AMD GPU Error), and game freezed every time. First i tried to fix this problem by using “Scan & Repair” in Battlenet launcher. Scan & Repair were almost done, like 80% done. then i got error BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 in battlenet. This error came up every time i tried to “update” or “Scan & repair” the game. I tried literally every possible fix to get rid of this error but nothing works. I Reinstalled Battlenet app and Codwz, But now i cant finish downloading and installing the game. Now im getting error BLZBNTAGT00000960 when trying to install the game. :smiley: This must be battlenet app related problem here. I have reinstalled all programs and turned off all my firewalls and virus protections when installing the game and still these errors pops up. Another well done job from Battlenet :slight_smile:

I guarantee there are no problems with my computer. All other 3d programs and games run smoothly. It would only be nice when the programs I paid for would work as they should. Please fix the problems… Seems like there’s more than just one after these updates…

↓↓↓↓ Copied from battlenet ↓↓↓↓

" BLZBNTAGT00000BB8

Updated: 3 days ago

Article ID: 2667

Relevant Products:

Common Problems

Whoops! Looks like something broke. Give it another shot.​Error Code: BLZBNTAGT00000BB8

This error is caused by a problem downloading or writing new update data. Try the following steps to resolve this error.

1. Update or temporarily uninstall any security programs, which may mistakenly identify the login module as a security threat.

Tested, Not working/fixing the error.

1. If you’re using a wireless connection, optimize your internet connection to rule out a connection issue.

1. Run the repair tool to repair any damaged game files.

Tested, Not working/fixing the error. Can’t finish “Scan & Repair”, error message freezes repairing.

1. Disable any proxies that may interfere with the login module.

Tested, Not working/fixing the error. No interferes on login module.

Advanced Troubleshooting

1. Try creating a new administrator account to resolve permissions issues.

1. If you’re using a VPN, try removing it.

Tested, Not working/fixing the error. No VPN’s used.

1. Run a security scan to remove any viruses or malware infections.

Tested, Not working/fixing the error. No Viruses or malware infections found.

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Battle.net App may resolve rare launcher issues.

1. If the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall the game.

Tested, Not working/fixing the error. When updating the game, error message (BLZBNTAGT00000960) appears and update fails.

EDIT!

I rolled back my PC to the time before i unistalled codwz. Game is now fully installed but im still getting error BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 when updating the game. I cant launch the game without updating it.

All drivers and softwares are up to date. Windows updated yesterday. All drivers checked with PC helpsoft Driver updater.

5 Likes

Hey there,

Limitations of Blizzard Support for Activision Titles
We only handle the distribution of the game client for Activision. We will assist with anything related to the desktop application and anything with the game client that involves purchasing, activating, downloading/installing and launching. Anything that occurs after you can press the play button is going to be addressed the Activision support portal: Support Options | Activision Support

As for the error you are seeing, This error indicates either data corruption in a way that the repair tool cannot fix, software conflicts, permission issues or network issues preventing access to the data the app needs for updates/repairs. The following steps should solve that issue though keep in mind it is intended to correct issues with the Blizzard App itself not the game client.

Try doing an extended power cycle on your system. Turn off all devices including the modem. Wait 30 minutes, turn on the modem, wait 5 minutes, turn on any network devices, wait 2 minutes, turn on your computer and try the game.

You can try switching your DNS settings to use a free public DNS servers instead of your ISPs Servers:

We do not have individual steps for specific modems or routers so if you need assistance accessing or updating the devices, contact the device maker/provider.

From here we need to manually clear the Battlenet Desktop Application and all supporting data from the system. This will not remove existing game clients.

1. Open file explorer/file manager (Right Click Windows Start)
  2. Navigate to the folder where the desktop application would normally be installed. Delete that folder if it exists (usually program files x86)
  3. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA% and press enter.
  4. Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
  5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with %PROGRAMDATA% %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
  6. Empty the recycle bin.
  7. Now reinstall the app to the C: Drive.

While I typically save this step as a sort of last resort due to the size of the game client, it does often solve issues like this where other steps sometimes fail.

1. Click Options (gear symbol next to the install/update/play button)
  2. Click Show in Explorer. (leave this window open while you perform step three.)
  3. Go back to Options and select Uninstall and go through the process to remove the core files and association to the desktop application. (Skip to step for if unable to perform this uninstall)
  4. Check the opened file explorer window to see if the game folder was deleted when the game was uninstalled. If it was not, delete the folder manually.
  5. Go back to the Blizzard App and reinstall the game client through the Blizzard App.

Note: Do not install the game client to an invalid directory. This includes the Battle.net Desktop Application’s own folder or any subfolder, Downloads, Desktop, Windows Temp. This also excludes any external, network or cloud based storage.

This should help solve the issue for you and get you back in and playing. Please note if you encounter any other issues once you can press the blue play button you will need to reach out to Activision through the portal I linked earlier.

1 Like

Hi Kershew, and thank you for you’r time for helping me with this problem. I did the steps above. I reinstalled Battlenet and deleted all the folders (3rd time). That didn’t fix the error.
I have game reinstalled but when game starts updating, it says " Whoops! Looks like something broke. Give it another shot.​Error Code: BLZBNTAGT00000960

This happens when update is between 90 - 100% done.

I have installed my Call of duty in folder path
D:\SOFTWARE FOLDER\Call of Duty Modern Warfare

It has been in this folder from the beginning like all my other software’s and applications are also. Game worked fine before the Season 3 update. At the same time when i updated the game, i updated windows and battlenet had couple updates also (I’m not sure if the updates were related to the battlenet app itself or the game.).
Anyways. I have tried the steps above but i’m still getting the error BLZBNTAGT00000960 when updating the game.

My Local Disk (C:) is only used for Windows, AMD and component related files and applications. All other applications like games and 3d modelling softwares are on (D:) Disk.

Like i said. Game has worked totally fine before these latest updates. Could the problem be because the game is installed on drive D? If this is the problem. Would you mind fixing this problem? These days, many own a disk drive for games only. It’s only surprising that in the past the game has worked flawlessly.

EDIT: I reinstalled Battlenet on C drive. Error in updating and “Scan & Repair” still exist (BLZBNTAGT00000960).

Trying to update the game as a new user (adminstrator) im getting error code: BLZBNTAGT00000BB8

Using different DNS didn’t help either.

Hey there,

So the game itself can be installed to any internal ntfs formatted drive (No USB, External, Network, Cloud Storage or flashdrives. But if you have room and can install it to the C drive that is typically preferred. )

The Battle.net Desktop Application needs to be installed to the main OS drive though to prevent permission errors like the ones you are seeing.

That is what the errors you are getting indicate, there is a permission issue accessing or applying data to the folder in question. Could be for the app itself or for the game client. But something on the system is interfering or folder/windows permissions are broken.

Now if you did have the BDA installed to a different drive or location it is not as simple as just uninstalling it and reinstalling it, you have to go through the steps I mentioned to completely remove it. Otherwise core support data doesn’t get cleared and can mess up the new install.

So make sure you have gone through the full removal steps I listed and This time I recommend installing to a different location.

Specifically on the C drive, Under the Users -->> Public Users folder. Create a new folder there, call it what you want. “games” is fine. Then point the Blizzard app installer to that folder.

There are typically far fewer permission issues and despite its name the only thing that folder does is make it easier to share data in that folder to other systems on the local network.

The core of the issue here is permissions. So our goal is to get the app installed to a folder with no permission issues. As for the game itself ideally if you can fit it on the C drive you should install it to the games folder under public users. But it should be fine to any internal ntfs formatted drive as mentioned previously.

If that doesn’t work then there is something on the system actively interfering with the install and the best course of action would be to submit a ticket. You can click the support button on the top right of this page, then click contact support. Fill out the form and provide the requested system files.

Many pc gamers currently have this exact same problem. Battlenet apparently can’t fix it. I myself have been trying to solve the problem for 2 days now, but nothing helps. The problem has apparently come with the latest updates. I’ve started a new article on the forums about this topic and I’ve received instructions that haven’t helped fix the problem. So it can be well concluded that the problem is at Battlenet’s end. I also tried several DNS addresses, proxies, and VPN services to get the download to the finish, but ended up getting the error every time.

Error codes BLZBNTAGT00000960 and BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 will be displayed continuously as the game tries to update.

All other programs and games work great. It looks like there are a lot of problems with each major update. The game makes a lot of money and so does battlenet. So I wonder why these problems can’t be fixed?

So at this point, I could say there is nothing you can do about it. Repair pending update… Another well done hats off for battlenet… :skull: :skull: :tophat:

4 Likes

Blizzard. Activision. what in Gods good name is happening to your game?.. NOTHING WORKS…NOT THE BATTLE.NET NOT THE ACTUAL GAME, NOTHING BRUUH LIKE CMONN MAN i cant and haven’t been able to play ANYTHING not cold war, not modern warfare, not warzone, not vanguard …LIKE BRUH I PAYED HELLA MONEY FOR THESE GAMES;.
I had the “something went wrong message” for like 7 months until i HAD to upgrade my pc and get win 11 which i hate btw, just to be able to bypass that message and update my games in which after that, it literally launches and either tells me failed to connect to network or spams me with failed to connect to servers… BRUH SO WHAT DID I DO??? I upgraded my Wifi to 200MBPS and bought a stupid expensive LAN cable just to be able to HAVE HOPE OF LAUNCHING THE DAMN GAME WHICH… TO NOBODYS SUPRISE, IT H.A.S N.O.T W.O.R.K.E.D … at this point im going to contact a legal clinic to review the exchange and honestly… HONESTLY call of duty wtf is this??? such a massive net of amazing, talented people and this cant be fixed for the past 8 months?? ive even tried doing it on console, ive tried logging in on my friends pc, a laptop, mobile even and nothing… its like my account was kicked to the curb to die by u guys… and its not only me, non… NON of my friends have been able to access your services, not one… it says the same stupid s. is it a regional problem or what? at this point i dont know who to blame man, just please fix it, i love the game mehn.

3 Likes

install the new win 10 update or get win 11, the message wont come but it’ll still say some other nonsense like, “cant connect to servers” after you launch.

1 Like

Hey there, did you try the delete 1KB files fix?

Stuck on “Scanning Game Files” : CODWarzone (reddit.com)

The below fix previously worked for me and I again encountered the problem after doing a BNET update while a subsequent warzone update was mid progress - this time I only had to delete the 0-1kb files, as mentioned in steps 3 and 4, for the DL to complete…I recommend doing this first by itself to see if it fixes the problem as it is the safest and easiest solution…before you do steps 1 and 2 please refer to Kershew’s blue post (immediately below this comment) for their feedback on always running in admin, as they have some concerns about making those changes

Reinstalling BNet and doing a scan/repair of warzone did nothing and some of the other suggested fixes looked pretty complex so why not start with an easier solution first. I hope this works for some of you…

1. Go to Games/Call of Duty Modern Warfare, right click ModernWarfare.exe and Modern Warfare Launcher, Settings and then Properties and set them to always start as admin.
  2. Now locate your Battle.net folder and do the same to the Battle.net.exe and Battle.net.exe Launcher. Make sure that these files are not just shortcuts.
  3. Go to Games/Call of Duty Modern Warfare and go in to Data/data
  4. Order the files by size and delete all 0 or 1 kb data files, called like data.256, data.257 and so forth. Make sure you only delete those by 0 or 1 kb size. I had around 20 of those but it varies.
  5. Restart Battle.net and hopefully watch that Update button work like it should
3 Likes

Hey all, I am glad to see some work around helping folks get the game up and running. These issues are typically permission based either with the folders themselves or with windows allowing the app to properly interact with the game client in question.

I wanted to call out one thing with the specific work around I see being mentioned and that is the app or game should not need elevated permissions to function. Having to do this indicates a larger Windows level permission issue or folder control issue with the folders being used by the app and game client. You may currently only be experiencing the issue with the BDA and Some Activision titles but I would not be surprised if you encountered other issues with other games that use launchers like the BDA down the roads. Just something to keep in mind.

Additionally it has been reported that running as admin on some Activision titles can result in a different specific error. BLZBNTBNA00000012 or BLZBNTBNA00000015

All of these are permission related so just keep that in mind when utilizing the run as admin work around.

As mentioned by others in this thread, if you do the run as admin work around it is important you do so for both the Blizzard app and game client executables to limit the potential issues you encounter. Doing just one or the other can lead to other folder and permission problems that may require a complete nuke of all app/game data and folders to properly address.

I was banned permanently banned from warzone after uninstalling and reinstalling.

I was getting the error BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 for 2 days in updating Diablo 3 and have used all the steps suggested by Blizzard. Finally, after having resigned to wait for the next Windows 11 update, I turned off my laptop. Lo and behold, when I turned it back on, the computer repaired the drive where the game is installed and everything is okay and updated already including another game (Stellaris) which I was also having a hard time updating.

Sounds like corrupted Windows file system during update. Repair Windows. Did you try Rolling Windows Back to Before the bad updates were done ? For the guy with the bad files that were repaired by Win11, sounds like a failing harddrive. If it happens again buy a Solid State. Theyre cheap.

CAN YALL PLS fixs this error pls i can t play

Hi guys. There was an update on the Vanguard, but the Battlenet does not allow updating. Error BLZBNTAGT00000960

yo thanks man this worked for me

can u explain this in more detail please, fairly new to pc and not 100% sure how to do this

Gracias, de verdad funcionó para mi, borré los archivos de 1kb que eran como 12, y reinicie batlenet y funcionó.
Gracias

didn’t solve the error here… still got error code: BLZBNTAGT00000960 :confused:

They did anything to solve this problem. Still i have this problem.