WoW Updating Issue: Error Code: BLZBNTAGT00000BB8"

This is becoming annoying. I have been playing this game on and off for over 16 years and for the last six months, I have been getting this error trying to update World of Warcraft.

" Whoops! Looks like something broke. Give it another shot.​ Error Code: BLZBNTAGT00000BB8"

I have run through all the suggested fixes and it still won’t update. Sometimes I have to wait up to two weeks and then miraculously it will allow me to update the game. I will play for a day or two, then the next update will come and the cycle continues. What the heck is going on? There are countless complaints about this issue when playing Warzone and Blizzard’s response is that it is a problem on the users side with their computer.

Really?..really?

So hundreds if not thousands of players have bad computer systems? Common Blizzard! I’m about ready to forget this game and go over permanently to Final Fantasy. A beloved game that I NEVER have issues with.

Get on the ball already…

MacBook Pro M1 chip - Running latest OSX

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Multiple Errors. BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 and BLZBNTAGT00000960

Hey there,

So the vast majority of our millions of players are installing, updating and playing without issue. In fact a good portion of the few posts made here in the last 24 hours were from the same player. That doesn’t suggest a large scale issue and doesn’t help address your specific issue to assume there is some sort of large scale service issue.

The BB8 error is a generic error, it means the Agent program in the Blizzard Desktop Application was unable to complete a task it was performing and it doesn’t know why.

Typical causes are connection issues to the patch service, data corruption of downloaded data, software conflicts preventing needed data from being applied to the app or game client or a permission issue of some sort.

The solutions typically come down to, cleaning up the connection, clearing/replacing potentially bad data, removing software or permission conflicts.

So to properly resolve this for you, we need to go through troubleshooting of the local system, app client and network.

First make sure you have all updates for the Mac via software center. You may need to restart and check multiple times to get them all.

Then let’s go ahead and clean up the local network:

Try doing an extended power cycle on your system. Turn off all devices including the modem. Wait 30 minutes, turn on the modem, wait 5 minutes, turn on any network devices, wait 2 minutes, turn on your computer and try the game.

You can try switching your DNS settings to use a free public DNS servers instead of your ISPs Servers:

We do not have individual steps for specific modems or routers so if you need assistance accessing or updating the devices, contact the device maker/provider.

Sometimes firewall or routing software/hardware will have some advanced settings to prioritize and manage types of network traffic. Normally that is not an issue but we have seen situations where it can intefere with the delivery of the data for our games/voice chat.

Let’s try turning off these features:

QoS
SIP ALG
RoG (ASUS Routers Only)
Security firewalls (Some ISP provided modems)

Not all devices will have these options and the steps for turning these functions off will be different depending on the make/model/software version of the devices and programs involved. If necessary look at the documentation for your security and routing products to find out how to turn these options off.

In some cases there is a corrupt or misconfigured setting within the router or modem. We cannot say what that might be offhand but the easiest way to resolve these conflicts would be to factory reset the router and/or modem.

You may need to look up your specific model for the steps on how to do this and in some rare cases you may need to have this done by the ISP. Feel free to reach out to them for assistance if necessary.

Perform the mac specific steps listed on this article to remove the Blizzard Desktop Application from the system: Uninstalling the Battle.net Desktop App - Blizzard Support

It is important to get all the preference and plist files relating to blizzard as that can definitely cause issues if that data was corrupted. A simple reinstall does not clear this data.

Finally we will want to look at potential permission issues, either due to software conflicts or OS permission issues.

Try running your system in selective startup mode: https://battle.net/support/article/200483

At this time, lets go ahead and run some permission/disk repairs to try and solve this:

(These two articles may not apply to your OS version, skip them if that is the case)
Repair - Mac Folder Permissions: Repairing Shared Folder Permissions (Mac) - Blizzard Support
Repair - Application Permissions: Repairing Application Support Permissions - Blizzard Support

Our clients do not support installation on encrypted drives using programs such as File Vault. There can be issues installing, updating, launching or connection issues due to the encryption. If drive encryption has been enabled, please disable it and allow the drive to decrypt: Checking for FileVault - Blizzard Support

Create a new administrator account: Creating a New Administrator Account - Blizzard Support

Once the account is created, shut down the computer, wait 60 seconds, restart, log into the new profile and try the app/client.

complementando a tu queja, me gastaría también obtener una solución mas concreta de parte de soporte, ya que uno ha realizado el paso a paso de las posibles falla que no han dado resultado, llegando al punto de formatear mi pc y volver al w10 ya que tengo el w11, pero no se si será de gran ayuda a realizar este procedimiento, lo mas raro que esto dejo de funcionar de una día para otro, nunca había tenido un problema de esta magnitud, desinstalé e instale 5 veces para ver que pasaba y aun así se pudo mejorar el erro mencionado, por favor si puede dar una solución mas concreta. gracias .

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.