Modern Warfare : No in game chat icon/audio

You are a hero. This worked for me

1 Like

Thank you so much for your time and consideration helping sort this out!! This is the only fix for chat that worked. This 100% works. Make sure to leave the notepad open before starting game. After setting from 1 to 0, go to file (in notepad) and click save.

1 Like

hi guys im sorry for intruding but i got got a problem with my game that keeps on crashing no blue screen or black screen i jusst have to start the game again plz do reply

Solved my issue with no voice chat. Thanks for the post!

1 Like

Will need more detail than that. Any error codes, what’s happening when it crashes? I’m assuming PC also.

Hello Guys I am having this issue 12/31/19. I tried the work around as-well but it doesn’t take any effect. All my settings are correct since i am able to chat in other games like fortnite. Is there a different workaround i can try since i followed all necessary steps and i still cant listen or talk with friends. I am using the PS4 Gold Mic through the Bluetooth usb dongle

Dude this actually worked. my file name was “adv_options” not “adv_options.ini” but it was the same file none the less. do not rename it to match what his post says, just do the steps he tells you to do and it will work. this was awesome, thanks man.

1 Like

You know what, you’re right. I assumed it was an .ini file. Will update

Sorry man this a PC fix.

thanks man!!! helped me a lot

1 Like

Go to audio settings in the game and set the threshold to 0. thats what worked for me

i love you so much right now, ty

1 Like

After today’s update, mine stopped working again. No in-game audio whatsoever besides the intro. Using Powerbeats Pro. I tried just about every solution out there, including digitalshadow’s about 3 times. No solution yet.

1 Like

UPDATE!!!: FIXED!!!

I wanted to provide an update on my situation. My Blizzard account is 15+ years old, and I had set it up for Parental Controls back when my kids used to play WoW on my account. I had disabled chat in the Parental Controls and after speaking with support they removed the controls and chat now works.

Same issue. Windows 10 machine, ASUS MB with NVIDIA card. I am using USB connected XBOX controller. I have tried:

1. Changing adv_config
  2. setting mic to default in Win 10- Both Windows and Blizzard app are getting mic input.
  3. Running launcher and program as admin
  4. I unplugged XBOX controller and set it to keyboard/mouse.
  5. Setting threshold to 0

I’m also having same issue on new Lenovo Legion Y545.

ANY help would be appreciated. The is the one vehicle in which my teen son will have more than a 5 minute conversation with me while I’m on the road.

2 Likes

For pc players, under your sound control panel, disable all output devices except for the one you wish to use, and make sure it is also set as default device. This worked for me last night. Restart your game after and it should be working.

1 Like

still isn’t working for me :upside_down_face:

Didn’t work for me. Only fix that worked was to reinstall game. It worked for awhile until I reinstalled Windows and the problem occurred again. I hope the developers would find and fix this issue.

1 Like

Setting threshold to 0 was the problem… Even if I use PTT!

I had this issues since season 2 dropped. Nothing worked for me. I did fix it with the help of this video: Fix VOIP Wrong output or not working | PC | Modern Warfare [Full Guide] - YouTube

This might help you if the other things in this thread don’t work.

1 Like

This is what fixed it for me.

Open Windows Settings > “Privacy” > “Microphone” > Enable " Allow desktop apps to access your microphone"

Also turn the Open Mic Recording Threshold down to 0 in the in-game settings.

1 Like