Modern Warfare : No in game chat icon/audio

Read through some of my responses to others that it did not work for at first.

I read with attention all your answer, don’t worry, and tried your steps several times, with reboot, with no discord at launch, with admin righ on launcher and moderwarfare.exe, with only my mic (usb mic, blu yeti) and my headset (connected through SB G6) activated in Windows settings.
Don’t know where to look now.
Note that i also have the game on ps4 and PC. And maybe there is an issue with that, sync or Something like that…

I also have players and players2 directory Under the document directory…

Ok, it works after deleting the files and setting to 0 the adv files. But needed to delete all other files.

1 Like

Most recent update killed my mic. Windows is hearing it and I did the battlenet stuff… Still noone can here me.HELLLLLLPPP

You should make a YouTube video and get a hundred million views. The was the only thing that has worked for me. THANK YOU!

Now I can play cross platform with my dad!

1 Like

Did you try my steps?

I did all steps… I even reset my entire PC and redownloaded everything… My mic worked before this update…what is going on

1 Like

Same story as everybody on here… My input audio is detected on all my other games and by the blizzard mic test but then I load up MW and i cant talk to anybody but can hear my friends talking. I’ve tried everything suggested above :confused:

I found a back channel to an Activision support guy through reddit. I have sent this up and broke it down for him. They are now aware of the issue and we can hopefully get this resolved from the top down. Check back here and I will keep you guys posted.

2 Likes

Good because I was about to scream… not that I would of been heard.

1 Like

LEGEND <3 I`ve tried evertything … Finally it worked

1 Like

I did this and it still did not fix my problem. However, I did find something for others to try out if this does not work. I have 2 USB inputs that I use for my guitars. Even if I changed my defaults to go to my headset I still would not get any sound. I unplugged everything else and finally have chat audio in game. So if you have any kind of MIDI interfaces unplug them and see what happens. Just to experiment I plugged In my Rocksmith real tone cable and it made it to where I had no in game audio chat. Hope this plus what d1g1tlshad0w said gets peeps unfrustrated!

The update which introduced the store and battle pass broke my audio.

symptom: I can’t hear voice from other players inside the lobby or in the game regardless of audio settings

fix: Windows 10 - open the directory to which you installed modern warfare (for me it was e:/call of duty modern warfare)

Locate 2 files "ModernWarfare.exe" and "Modern Warfare Launcher.exe"

Right click each file and select "properties"

Check the box that says "run as administrator"

After you have checked the "run as administrator" box on both files, then start the game.

You should now be able to hear in game voice comms. 

Finally - exit game - then uncheck "run as administrator" on both files and restart the game.

Should continue to work as it did for me.
2 Likes

I haven’t been able to hear lobby chat since the day the game came out and this fixed it. I absolutely love you! Thanks!

1 Like

IT WORKS!!! Thank you! I was messing with all my settings and could not fix it. Yours worked great!

1 Like

I’ve had this issue for a while now. I’m controller on PC. The issue was that the mic/speaker on the controller was causing the issue. It wasn’t a problem when I was using a Scuf but as soon as I switch to a regular DS4 controller (the Vantage is god awful but i’m not going to get into that) the chat audio stop working. The following fixed it for me.

1. Right click speaker icon (bottom right)

2. Open “Sounds”

3. Click “Recording Tab”

4. Right click and disable “Wireless Controller”

5. Click “Playback” Tab

6. Right click and disable “Wireless Controller”

1 Like

d1g1tlshad0w’s Fix on Nov. 12’th worked. Been messing with this for a few days and finally got it to work. Thanks alot man.

1 Like

YOU ARE A LITERAL GOD, DUDE! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Worked on 12/19/2019

2 Likes

I have had this problem since the game came out. Thank you so much!

1 Like