Modern Warfare and Scan & Repair issues

It is well known that MW has many issues and bug including crashes, errors and etc.
One being “disc read error” where it seems certain files are corrupted/missing, The Scan & Repair option does nothing and is utterly useless right now.
The only fix mentioned so far is a reinstall but not everyone has the luxury of being able to download 130+ GB again.

Is this issue regarding the Scan & Repair tool being investigated so it can fix these things?

8 Likes

IM having issues with it too, the app wont even update the game. It scans for updates but says im up to date so i cant even play the game because im not the on the most recent update.

1 Like

Bumping as this is still an unresolved issue.

Bump, game crashing at start, getting error BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 everytime i try to verify

3 Likes

Looks like we have to download again. Download over the night

1 Like

It does appear that scan and repair is not working properly. I had the disk error crash “mp_donetsk.ff”, so I deleted the corresponding file in the ‘main’ folder. I then did scan and repair and it found no errors, and did not replace the missing file. So now I’m forced to uninstall and spend an entire night re-downloading the 193gb game. This is getting ridiculous.

1 Like

I know this is old but if anyone comes across this for future reference.
Pause the download, close battle-net and run a disk check on the drive you have installed MW to. (open CMD as admin and type command CHKDSK “drive letter”)

Worked for me

8 Likes

Confirmed! This is what I did as well. The update finished and game launched.

That worked for me as well +1

Worked for me too. Thanks!

All these “solutions” that they post don’t work! Seems like someone drop the ball with these patches. Just recently had the same issue a couple of hours ago. Only fix reinstall the whole game.

Check this thread guys

5 Likes

This worked, deleted a 1KB data.271 and the update finally started. Thanks!

Delete all 1KB and IDX files in Data/data folder. Just to be safe, pause the virus guard, cable connect the router before updating/scanning.