COD Warzone: Scan and Repair loop / BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 Errors

Worked for me thanks. Found and deleted those 1kb data files, relaunched battle.net, and went through the repair loop for the last time.

2 Likes

LOL… Wut? At least try to make a little sense.

PFf i try every stupid step and it scan and its scan forever :@ now i have to donlowd 100gb+ :@ :@ :@ NICE JOB BATTEL NET

Lads, try deleting the 1KB files ( who ever did this is a genius) and then re-open the blizzard app, and it should do the last update after which MW opens fine.
Files directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\Data\data
…and then find the files with Size 1KB and Bob’s your uncle

3 Likes

absolute legend////!! i spent hours trying all the official fixes, none of which worked but yours did first time and took 10 seconds!! thank you

1 Like

I just wanted to share my experience with y’all, I went through the ringer trying different options (including everything that BlizzTech said, aside from a full re-installation.)

THE ONLY thing that made any difference, which is the thing that worked to get me back on the game, is what the user Krossus has said.

That is as follows;

“I tried most of the fixes in here besides a full re-install and couldn’t get anything to work when I encountered this issue tonight. After getting ready to delete my COD folder and start the download I decided to throw a hail mary. In the /Data/data folder there were 4 files named: data.261; data.262; data.263; data.264; with file sizes of 1 KB each. These looked suspicious to me as the small size looked like they may be partial downloads or logs of some sort. I deleted them and reloaded battlenet. Cod did a quick update check, downloaded ~180mb of data, and the problem with the scan and repair loop has resolved.”

I HIGHLY advise you to try this option FIRST, then proceed with alternatives suggested by Blizzard. This is the “least file deleting,” and “quickest,” method I know of and it worked like a charm for me as well as several others, gauging the comments on this thread.

Also, it should be noted that your “corrupt files,” may not be the exact same as his, mine weren’t. So, don’t go in looking for “data.264,” or whatever, just be searching for those ‘data,’ files with uselessly small file sizes.

15 Likes

Works like a charm!! I bow to you masters of this forum.

1 Like

I LOVE YOU. works!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Solved with this one

1 Like

I finally fkn solved it without reinstalling the whole game. It was a stupid 1kb data file that was causing the problem but after deleting it the scan & repair loop stopped. The lesson here is that even if ur pp is small, sometimes nothing cant stop it.

4 Likes

This was an excellent lesson, not to repair the game, but a life lesson.

1 Like

And if there is no 1KB file but it is still doing it???

1 Like

Godsend. Sorted it for me as well, cheers mate

OH MY GOD! YOU REALLY SAVED THE DAY! i was so clse to uninstalling the game and yet here i found the very solution. Blizzard must hire you for this bro! thank you for this!

None of these recommendations worked for me. Fortunately, I have a copy of the game in my laptop, so, I just copy and paste the whole game folder into my PC and it worked perfectly.

It is sad that, with the tons of money that they earn with this game, the support is too poor

2 Likes

try this delete files Data>data idx and data 1 kb and then start update :wink:

A punto de terminar mi pase de batalla y me sucede eso, la unica forma de solucionarlo fue con los .idx que pesaban 1kb tenia como 6 o 7 archivos de ese tamaño, solo los elimine y se me soluciono, gracias al cruck que lo supo

Amigo, muchisimas gracias fue lo único que pudo recuperar mi juego, estuve a punto de borrarlo, despues de estar por casi 12hrs buscando soluciones, muchas gracias por compartir tu conocimiento.

FOLLOW THIS VIDEO

it helped me and 5 people I know to fix this problem, great job on the game development side you created a very good game :slight_smile:

7 Likes