Mobile Number Invalidation

I wanted to try warzone out but before I play it I have to add my mobile number in my account, however whenever I put my number it always say that it’s invalid even though it’s really not, this account is created in united states and I’m putting in a united states number. Please help me out with this T~T

33 Likes

I am having the same problem; would appreciate a response if this is fixed or there is no way to resolve this.

12 Likes

Same problem here. Cricket wireless account I’ve used for 4 years or so. Started ticket, they’re questioning whether Cricket has SMS Subscription services allowed for my account. Am subscribed to several services with text notifications e.g.; Doctor, Bank, Pharmacy, etc.

11 Likes

Blizzard is unwilling to fix this problem. Support says that certain numbers are ‘coded’ not to support SMS (even when they do) and they you’ll just have to use a different phone number (which is pretty ridiculous.)

12 Likes

So we have to use a different phone number? It doesn’t make any sense, I only have one phone number that I trust the most and it’s mine, I can’t possibly use other people’s phone number, perhaps buying the official game is the only solution.

8 Likes

Most stupid tech support ever.
I wanted to purchase the game, but I tested it first. I couldn’t link the number. Now I will not buy the game, because I may spend money in vain and not be able to play. Very stupid thing to do

15 Likes

Went through the exact same thing yesterday. I was told that Cricket Wireless sometimes adds codes to phones that register that phone as a different kind of phone than it is. Now I have to get in touch with Cricket to see if I can get them to somehow remove that code so I can use the number that I’ve used for years now. I have a feeling that each side is going to blame the other, and there isn’t really a winner when that happens…but I’m going to try. Wondering also what other companies put codes like this on their phones?

8 Likes

I’m in the same boat. Have had a Cricket account for a few years but CaN’t UsE a PrE-pAiD nUmBeR. I have even already paid for the full game on my Xbox, I just wanted to try out Warzone on my PC. Any luck with getting Cricket to help at all? I’d love to know if this dumb crap can be fixed. Seriously, Blizz, this is really stupid. Punishing people because the cheapest phone plane in my area just happens to be a pre-paid one. And there’s ZERO chance I’m buying this full game again.

6 Likes

I’ve actually added my Cricket Wireless number to my Blizzard account in 2020 between April and July successfully already. As of August it is saying my number is now invalid. So I can confirm Cricket Wireless used to work with Battle.net quite recently. Customer Support Is awful they can only tell me that my number has never been in their system nor was it registered to any account. Which doesn’t make any sense because I have the text that ‘theoretically’ in their terms shouldn’t even have been possible. I just hope this helps people get an idea that something is suspicious is up with Blizzard.

5 Likes

Whatever the reason is, it needs to be fixed. I’m not going out and getting a new plan or phone…let alone a whole new number just to have the ability to add it to my account. Seriously, Cricket and services like it are what like 90% of people use these days for their cell service. Time to update.

7 Likes

I am having same problem, I want to play this game … please add Ph Globe 906 start number

4 Likes

Same here in Canada. I have had a post paid account for many years. Normal data/phone plan. They said it is a prepaid plan and they can’t help me. Ridiculous

5 Likes

Yep same issue :frowning:

3 Likes

Same here, been with Cricket for 8 years. Had my phone number for about 15 years. Gotta give it to battle.net, no way my account can be compromised when no one would want it because they won’t even let me spend money with them. Way to go Battle.net, I almost bought stuff from you guys. What I love is that to make it more secure, they recommend using a different phone number. So I increase security by using another person’s phone number. I’m not an IT security expert but the logic on this one begs if Battle.net’s techs are either.

5 Likes

I’m having the same problem. I find it ridiculous. Whats its matter if its pre or post paid???

2 Likes

this is bullshiza, idk why thy don’t just make the game free to play to anyone that has a number period or has had their blizzard account for more than 90 days or has an email with at least 1000 messages and was created at least a year ago. its dumb AF and i just want to play a game.

1 Like

Yup same issue here clearly blizzard has no care for any of us. Bunch of useless monkeys with wrenches.

3 Likes

i know right its stupid

1 Like

The issue is entirely an issue on blizzards since as there is zero way to check if a number is pre-paid or not. As that is not publicly disclosed information.

1 Like

cmon blizzard this problem has existed for months and you cant be bothered to even try to look into it? Did you already fire the guy who designed it and now no one knows how to recode it or something

2 Likes