Mobile Number Invalidation

Wow, so you’re telling me that I can’t play Warzone because of my service provider? I have a lot of things I could/should say about that, that I’ll refrain from wasting my time writing out here, since it seems no one’s gonna fix it. I understand you can’t control service providers, but come up with an alternative. This is immensely frustrating.

2 Likes

Same issue. Canadian account, Canadian number. Have had it with Rogers Communications on a plan for around 10 years. Blizzard say it’s invalid, probably because of where it was before I ported it to Rogers.

They tell me to call my cell provider. I did, my cell provider confirmed it only shows as postpaid on their system and also noted that there is no way a third party would be able to reliably tell whether it was pre or post paid anyway.

Blizzard support’s helpful suggestions are basically:

1. Change your number.
  2. Buy the full game.

For (1) I have everything else in life attached to this number. I am not going to bin it because Blizzard chose an ineffective number blocking approach instead of working with Activision on proper anticheat.
For (2) I actually already own MW and CW on PlayStation, I am not going to give them more money for treating me like garbage.
Where is option (3), acknowledge that this approach to number blocking is clearly frequently blocking people who didn’t do anything wrong and work on a better system?

4 Likes

Cant they just allow pre paid?

2 Likes

I don’t even use a pre-paid phone, I’m on a 2 year contract with Verizon. It’s spreading, almost like Blizzard/Activision is incompetent as a whole.

3 Likes

i have tried 5 diffrent phone numbers and apperntly there are all invalid

2 Likes

Seems like extortion to me - If you want to play our games, you have to switch to X mobile carrier.

1 Like

It has nothing to do with the carrier. I have a cell through Bell which is the largest provider in Canada and it doesn’t work. Blizzard’s system has a flaw and they aren’t admitting it. They are telling people it’s their providers but it’s not.

1 Like

i know this is completely stupid. i bought black ops cold war and then i thought id try warzone on my pc. ive spent money in battle.net before but now it want me to add my number but because im using cricket i cant appearently. i dont get it tho because CRICKET IS NOT A PRE PAID SERVICE. it is simply a cheaper service that runs through atnt cell towers. nice to know blizzard only cares about the rich.

3 Likes

this shet is so borked lmao activison and cricket need to fix their shet

Same problem here. I tried 5 different numbers and not even one worked for me. Would really appreciate it if someone looked into this problem.

1 Like

so this is still a problem, i see

2 Likes

Same here I have a post-pay number that I use for everything (Hospital, Investments, and even 2-step with the US Government) for 5 years. Their system pays for this Mobile database that is just guessing on phone numbers.

1 Like

same issue with cricket thats why i play on xbox

i threatened to sue or blast social media i have 8 million YouTube subs

1 Like

dam i just wanna play too just switch to apex lol

just let your followers to play apex

It has been almost a year since the last comment, and I’m getting the same issue

2 Likes

4 hours before the launch of overwatch 2. Can’t believe I was so excited 10 minutes ago. Can’t verify my phone number because I am using a phone service that hosts 13 million people. Come on blizzard, you know there’s no way people will change their service provider just to play a game. SO people will only find ways to bypass it and who knows the things people can discover.

Same problem. I can add my Cricket cell phone number.

At least you guys can add a number.
I’m a dutch person living in Belgium. As my account is set to Belgium and my phone number is Dutch, I cannot even add it.