Missing friends list as separate window with new app

I agree, pop out chat window capability please.

6 Likes

Yeah this is a dealbreaker for me. With the previous version Iā€™d keep the launcher running at all times (minimised) so I could have my friends list off in the corner of my monitor 24/7. If I canā€™t have this feature, I will literally never use the launcher, and by extension, never use the friends list. Iā€™ll just boot WoW directly from the executable and never use the launcher again, and use Discord to communicate with my friends instead. Itā€™s not the launcher that people want (desktop shortcuts exist), itā€™s the friends list, and I donā€™t want it attached to a big useless window. Less is more, Blizzard!

9 Likes

Glad to see Iā€™m not the only one not liking the redesign. I really think the friends list needs options to (1) be docked or a floating window and (2) hidden entirely.

Personally I donā€™t want the friends list chewing up space on my display so Iā€™d much rather have it turned off until I need it.

At this point I think Iā€™ll be launching WoW and Diablo directly instead of using the Bnet launcher. So good job Blizz your changes made me not use the launcher anymore.

5 Likes

Adding my voice here, just from a different angle. I just play single player, so I am missing the old option to completely disable/remove the friends list. I do not use it at all. If I want to talk to friends, I use Discord.

3 Likes

Yes please! Iā€™m missing the option to have a separate friends list window. I put it on my secondary monitor next to Discord.

5 Likes

I agree with everyone else who expressed a desire to see this feature return. I also believe the loss of this feature has reduced my Blizzard game playing because, at a glance, I canā€™t see whoā€™s playing what. Opening a clunky, ad-bloated client to see whoā€™s online, is not something a lot of people are going to do.

Please bring this feature back and stop removing it. This is the second time, if I recall correctly, that this feature has been removed from a client update. Each time, itā€™s met with community backlash.

3 Likes

Hi, just increasing the message count here, I really require this feature to use your platformā€™s app. I can hardly believe this would be a choice rather than an oversight, could anyone link to official comment on this?

2 Likes

+1

Please Blizzard give us back the separate friends list

3 Likes

+1, really miss this feature.

3 Likes

Just got the launcher updated, because really there arent any blizzard games Im currently interested in apart from maybe Wow from time to time. And now this. The new launcher is yelling news ads at me, looks like a windows app, has no more personality AND the friendlist (the only thing which Id call a ā€œfeatureā€ of the launcher) is goneā€¦really blizz?

5 Likes

I cant pop out the friends listā€¦ really??? absolute bad, do people who design that even use the launcher themselves?

4 Likes

+1 for getting back the separate friendslist.
And while they are on it, the ability to open this windowautomaticaly on windows startup, instead of me having to open the battlenet app and click the friendslist icon every time I bootup my PC.

4 Likes

just adding that iā€™d also like a popout friends list againā€¦

with the new update I just got - it finally put back my favorites at the top of my friends list. All we need now is a popout again and iā€™ll be happy with that.

Thanks for listening so far blizzard!

3 Likes

This ^ Iā€™ve been waiting for it to do the same as Steam for ages - instead theyā€™ve gone backwards a step.

Pop-out my friends list as soon as I launch the application. Follow Steamā€™s lead on this one, Blizzard.

2 Likes

Guessing i have to disable the auto start when windows starts. No need for this bloated app. I just want the friends list.

2 Likes

I agree , I do not like the new launcher either. I would normally keep he friends list open on screen in a separate window. Unfortunately I believe I will need to keep it open and running as I have noticed there are some performance hits when playing and not having Battle.Net App runningā€¦ for example, I find inventory and textures load very slowly when the app is closed but fast when its open.

2 Likes

please bring pop out friends list back

3 Likes

Already made 3 of my 4 buds switch to steam for communication. Once the last one is there bnet wont be open except for when playing. The friends list really doesnā€™t work for chat anymoreā€¦

1 Like

Since i already submited this issue 2 times in the launcher feedback without getting a response, iĀ“m joining in on here now. Please give us the option back to have the friendslist as a separate window again!
I used to have it on my 2nd monitor to be able to see whoĀ“s online even while on game, which was really convenient. And i used it that way for over 10 years now without ever having a problem with it, so i honestly canĀ“t understand why this was just changed without even asking your customers.
Just make it a toggleable option or whatever so everyone can use it the way they prefer, we would really appreciate it.

Thank you very much in advance! (hopefully)

1 Like

I donā€™t have any friend that play blizzard game on pc. I would like to hide the friend list and chat features completely. Its is very annoying seeing an empty chat list every time I log on. All I need to see when I log in is my games list and then the shop page. I really liked the app before they changed it to look like other existing game launchers. The app wasnā€™t broken and didnā€™t need to be changed. I wouldnā€™t complain if I could hide the empty chat list. I would play more blizzard game if I knew they would take this seriously.

1 Like