Missing friends list as separate window with new app

As title says, I miss being able to have the friends list in a separate window from the main app window. Made it very easy to see when friends came online or started playing a certain game. Seems like a weird thing to remove. If there is a way to still do this, would love to know how.

Thank you.

74 Likes

Just finding out now that they took out this feature of having a separate friends list displayed. Super annoying since someone reported it back in November of 2019 and it obviously wasn’t considered… Funny, as it probably has the most views/comments in the Beta section lol
Blown away Blizzard…

21 Likes

Agreed. This needs to be an option. I hardly ever want to look at the battle net launcher, but I do like having a compact way to see which friends are online.

17 Likes

Came to the forums to look for a way to pop-out the friends list like we could do in the old desktop app. That post in the beta feedback was the first thing I saw too. I just sent feedback through the “Send Feedback” option in the desktop app.

17 Likes

Yes, bring this back please.

13 Likes

Thank you all for showing up to say we want this back. Because we do.
And nobody cared about the rest of the update. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Came here to say this exactly. I DO NOT WANT TO LOOK AT THIS GARBAGE LAUNCHER AND NEWS/SALES/BS SPAM JUST TO SEE MY FRIENDS, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

Blizzard, this update is one of the saddest UI/UX updates I have ever seen. Are you assuming your players are playing games on Ipads? Why are you designing your UI/UX around it then?

This launcher update has less customization, is more confusing, more spam of useless info and news, less important info and accessibility people actually care about.

I was already getting tired of the only bnet game I play, maybe i just wont give a **** anymore

18 Likes

adding my voice to this horrible change. I want a seperate friends list i can put on my other monitor while in game. Who ever thought this was a good feature to remove should be demoted

16 Likes

Yeah, this is pretty absurd. I don’t want to have to have this entire thing covering my screen just to see which of my friends is online. It’s just going to make me keep the whole thing closed, not the other way around.

Fix this.

12 Likes

Please make this an option.

10 Likes

As one of the people who spent all of the Battle.Net Beta begging for them to retain the Friends’ Window, I approve all of these messages.

Especially the bit about not using Battle.Net (or playing the games) at all anymore if this isn’t fixed.

This has been part of the launcher since the beginning. Why the heck did you take away one of the most useful features of the whole app?

8 Likes

I have absolutely no reason to run the blizzard app now that they’ve again pulled the pop out friends list feature. I don’t have the screen space for their app in a full window, nor do I want/need to see all of their advertising. Screen real estate is at a premium; I don’t know why companies program their apps to need to take 1/2 of the monitor or more and worse, most of that information is either only 1 time useful per session (recent news), or completely useless (advertising). I’ll be checking back in a month or two; not going to bother launching app again anytime soon.

7 Likes

Was this really intended? I actually see myself playing less if I’m in another game. Normally, I would have the friends list on a second monitor and when people got on I would join them. Now I suppose this could keep me playing a non-blizzard game :confused:

7 Likes

Agreed. They took out the Friends’ Window in the very first Beta release of this new launcher and I stuck religiously to the Classic Launcher after that.

Truly, aside from updating and launching the games, the Friends’ Window was the single most useful feature and I can’t understand why they’d take it away and never give it back unless that was the word from on-high. Well, what corporate should remember is that people don’t like having things taken away from them, especially when they’re so simple and useful that we take it for granted…until it’s gone. :sob:

Please, Blizzard, bring back our Friends’ Window!
#:heart:FriendsWindow!

7 Likes

I feel like the friends list placement on the new app is obtrusive. Like it ruins the flow of the asthetic. I’m not a fan of the new app, but being able to pop out the friends list and minimize or close it would go a long way for me not completely hating it. I also desperately want a chat tab back. Its a bit of a contrast to everyone wanting a seperate window for the friends list, but I don’t want more windows than I have to. Having to open a seperate window for the chat, while simultaneously having a friends list shoved in my face is probably the worst thing about the new launcher.

6 Likes

Add me to the list. I use a custom PowerToys layout on my monitor and the new window doesn’t fit into the old slot at all.

It really shouldn’t be difficult to add a window to the application, throw the friends list in there and let us open it somehow…

4 Likes

Just +1 for this. I gave feedback about this during beta in 2019 (like many others) and I actually stopped using the beta app quite long time ago because of the lack of this feature.

5 Likes

I’m with y’all on this one. Absolutely needs to change. I don’t use the launcher after i log in, but always kept the friends list up. Please give us this option back!

7 Likes

+1. Please allow us to separate the friends list…it’s specifically why we have multiple monitors.

5 Likes

It seems like a current trend that I’m seeing with other launchers as well, removing the ability to pop out friends list and slim modes in favor for this bulky theme. They all seem to be going for a Discord aesthetic. - Steam had removed the small library when it did it’s big update and they added back due to popular demand. EA Origin incorporated the friends list into the app by default about 6 years back and is terrible but the user still has the option to pop it out although it requires a couple levels of clicking. GOG Galaxy still doesn’t have the ability to pop out friends list and to make it worse with GOG the friends list will disappear if the app window is too small.

I sent feedback as well hopefully they will listen and bring back this basic functionality.

7 Likes