[Main Thread] - Won't install warzone - Blzbntagt00000960

I tried everything like most of you. Here are the exact steps that finally resolved it for me.

Deleting Battle.net Files

Outdated, corrupted, or missing Battle.net folders or files can cause issues with the Blizzard application and games. Follow these steps to resolve these issues:

1. Close all Blizzard processes.

2. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the Task Manager.

3. Select the Processes tab.

4. Highlight all Agent, Blizzard Battle.net desktop app, and game processes, then select End Process.

5. Navigate to the folder containing the Battle.net directory:

6. Press Windows Key+R to open the Run dialogue.

7. Type *C:\ProgramData* into the Open field and press Enter.

8. Delete the Battle.net folder.

9. Run Battle.net and update the game or reinstall if needed.

9 Likes

dont work this for me :frowning:

Hello everybody, for those who are unable to play even with all those fixes like me, this is how i fixed the issues

"This does not make any sense, but HOW I FIXED IT AFTER THREE HOURS of infinite Scan/repair loops, broken error messages, life questioning and dev errors:

1. Go to C/Games/Call of Duty Modern Warfare, right click ModernWarfare.exe and Modern Warfare Launcher, Settings and then Properties and set them to always start as admin.
  2. Now locate your Battle.net folder and do the same to the Battle.net.exe and Battle.net.exe Launcher. Make sure that these files are not just shortcuts.
  3. Now go back to C/Games/Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Go in to Data/data
  4. Order the files by size and delete all 0 or 1 kb data files, called like data.256, data.257 and so forth. Make sure you only delete those by 0 or 1 kb size. I had around 20 of those but it varies.
  5. Restart Battle.net through Battle.net.exe and watch how that hideous Update button turns to a beatiful Play button and Voila
    Cred to u/GTnik for making me try this"
    Cheers see u on Caldera
5 Likes

Thank You this worked. Was driving me crazy. Uninstalled the whole game and app with no luck and this has been the only method to work without kicking me out the game when i could get in. Spent basically all yesterday trying to find ways. Not sure how long this method will work but its good for now. They better bring a fix out :wink:

I found this on Redit, and it worked for me:
Battle.net Error BLZBNTAGT00000960 trying to update the game : CODWarzone (reddit.com)

This does not make any sense, but HOW I FIXED IT AFTER THREE HOURS of infinite Scan/repair loops, broken error messages, life questioning and dev errors:

1. Go to C/Games/Call of Duty Modern Warfare, right click ModernWarfare.exe and Modern Warfare Launcher, Settings and then Properties and set them to always start as admin.
  2. Now locate your Battle.net folder and do the same to the Battle.net.exe and Battle.net.exe Launcher. Make sure that these files are not just shortcuts.
  3. Now go back to C/Games/Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Go in to Data/data
  4. Order the files by size and delete all 0 or 1 kb data files, called like data.256, data.257 and so forth. Make sure you only delete those by 0 or 1 kb size. I had around 20 of those but it varies.
  5. Restart Battle.net through Battle.net.exe and watch how that hideous Update button turns to a beatiful Play button and Voila
    Cred to u/GTnik for making me try this
7 Likes

Encontrei uma solução e funciona perfeitamente!

Siga as etapas abaixo:

• Vai para “Programas e Arquivos” e desinstala Battle.net e COD: MW
  • Baixe e instale novamente Battle.net e apenas COD Warzone (apenas Warzone)
  • Depois de ambos instalados, nĂŁo feche o Battle.net e clique no “botĂŁo do motor” e vĂĄ para a pasta Cod
  • Execute o COD pelo arquivo ModernWarfare.exe
  • ATENÇÃO: NÃO FECHE O BATTLE.NET

Vai funcionar!

I found a solution and it works like a charm!

Follows the steps bellow:

• Goes to “Programs and Files” and uninstall Battle.net and COD:MW
  • Download and install again Battle.net and just COD Warzone (just Warzone)
  • After both installed, don’t close Battle.net and click on the “engine button” and goes to the Cod folder
  • Run the COD by the file ModernWarfare.exe
  • ATTENTION: DO NOT CLOSE BATTLE.NET

It will work!

1 Like

Hey there,

Thanks for working with us on this, and for your patience in these matters. This error appears to be related to a different issue that our app Devs and Activision are already working on. A patch is on the way to resolve things but in the meantime I’ve posted some work-around on this thread.

Cheers!

MW won’t start
Uninstall worked. Cannot re-install because of BLZBNTAGT00000960.
Scan & repair not working.
Reboot not working
Restart of battlenet not working
FIX THE GAME.
imgur. com/mq5ahdi.png

24 Likes

I’m running into the exact same problem and getting the same code.

5 Likes

Same here, no clue what to do and the error help page from blizzard won’t come up.

1 Like

I have same problem whis game

1 Like

Same here, no clue what to do

Run battlenet as Admin and try worked for me

1 Like

same code BLZBNTAGT00000960 tried everything including as admin

1 Like

I report that since the new update of warzone that error appears to me, I am on a ryzen 5800X 32Gb DDR4 and RX 6800XT, I am the same as you.

1 Like

I have the same problem as well… What is going on

same problem here, any suggest?

Como corrigir? SOLUÇÃO

Com o battlenet aberto, execute primeiro “Modern Warfare Launcher.exe” diretamente da pasta do jogo; espere cerca de 3 segundos; em seguida, execute ModernWarfare.exe a partir da pasta do jogo. Ele abre E se conecta.

1 Like

Same problem,I have tried all that I can. any solution?

porquerĂ­a de juego, ni se puede reinstalar, ahĂ­ se queda.