[Main Thread] Not getting a SMS code when MW3 launches

So what’s the bottom line? did they answer anyone? or do a mass refund and go to Steam?

1 Like

Advice from battlenet support that did nothing for me, but may help someone here

• Be sure that the number you’re talking about is the same number on your account, which ends with …
  • Activate phone notifications in your Account Settings
  • Ensure you don’t have any applications which can block texts or calls installed
  • Ensure that the latest software updates are present on the phone
  • Use the authenticator application
  • Make sure your phone has reception
  • Restart your phone
  • For Android: Clear cache in your phone apps settings
  • If possible, re-test using the same SIM card with a different phone and vice versa

If the problem continues, try again later or contact your service provider as they might be blocking our messages from going through.

Same here. This started a week or two ago, I’ve done all the fixes I saw in MW2 and on the support page… NOTHING. I want my money back, I’ve gone over a week of this problem with no answer to my support ticket. Now its the freaking holidays and I still have this problem. NEVER AGAIN will I buy a battlenet game.

1 Like

ah awesome i didn’t know it was a holiday in the US today… Not sorting this out today then lol

i tried this and unfortunately you cannot transfer. they messaged me back and are saying they are aware of the issue and are working on it. so basically screw us. it would be nice for them to come out and tell us that there is an issue going instead make us go nuts trying to figure this whole thing out. absolutely ridiculous

i originally wanted to go through steam but for some reason couldnt find it. so i bought it on battlenet, big mistake. never again will i buy something on this platform, and i advise everyone else to do the same!

The company creates a check that doesn’t work and customers are harmed. What a rubbish company! Firstly, the verification should be done via email, and secondly, they apparently do not have any efficiency or agility to resolve the problems, if they are going to resolve them at all.

i cant believe this is real. I cant play the game thanks to a sms… What year are we?

2 Likes

Hey guys, I had the same problem for the last 2 days and solved it now. This worked for me:

Installed newest IOs update
Reinstalled the game
If you use Iphone go to Settings-Messeges and turn iMessage off.

Hope this helps someone

1 Like

But have you tried contacting support before? Because I tried here as you explained and I didn’t succeed! =/

Guys, I managed to enter an Android cell phone number. I think the problem may be with the iPhone.

so when you clicked verify phone number, it sent a verification to the android number?

I have an android, its not the problem

Solved my problem, with a diferent phone and a diferent phone company.

I have the same problem. can not play the game during the double experience event 。don’t really want to play anymore

For anyone still having issues, download the Battlenet app on your phone and enable the authenticator. With that enabled, you are able to change your phone number (with a free texting sort of app like talkatone) without it needing a sms verification from your other number.

I have android phone too and they don’t send me code at all.

Tried this method and it still doesn’t work. They still ask for SMS verification code and I tried with different mobile number as well with no response from battlenet.

same things happening to me i cant get in because i changed my number on my account but its wants me to verify it from my old number when its supposed to be changed

Same for me, I tried everything. The customer service just talks around and doesn’t really help.

1 Like