[Main Thread] Diablo 2 - Problems creating games, joining games, long queue times

This is still a MAJOR problem. If this were any other blizzard game, the problem would have been solved a long time ago. Its obvious you are neglecting this issue.

If you are going to continue to support the game, please do it wellā€¦ or you know, just state ā€œthis game is no longer being supported.ā€ And let custom mods of the game have their shot.

2 Likes

Imagine owning normal games like monopoly and you open up your game one day to play with your friends but there is already 800 people inside your game box. Everyone is botting, the bot rolls the dice, the bot buys the property. No one is really playing and it doesnā€™t seem like you can play but if you wait for like 20 minutes you can finally maybe play. Not enough spots to play vs spots to queue. The problem is how many server are available. Blizzard long made off with our Diablo 2 money to actually build the company blizzard.

When Activision came in they ruined everything. They donā€™t listen to us in wow, and straight up admit it. We know they donā€™t listen in d2 becauseā€¦ * Chirp Chirp * they arenā€™t here. Starcraft 2 has added like 20 new units, that all suck, and the game is back to the state of making X huge flying starship to win every game. Hearthstone makes you dig into your wallet or play for 40 hours a week, sick, a full time job. Have I missed anything? The golden age of gaming is over, and saying blizzard hung itself isnā€™t far from the truth. If they did, it was with a noose made of money. Activision is just the affluent unrestricted child of an old lost memory.

But hereā€™s another post to be buried in a pile of posts while activision tries to emulate old blizzard horribly. Get off your fat buttholes and emulate more servers and have some respect for the game that built your company you heathens.

2 Likes

Oh and i had all the time to write that while i was waiting for my game to be created. Iā€™m playing a lot of d2 lately, imagine how many post iā€™ll make!

1 Like

Are you serious? They already said they donā€™t support Diablo 2 anymore, itā€™s moved to classic games and supported by third party. This was literally already said. I have previous tickets for reporting super racist character names. I sent them screen shots of the character names and account names associated to them. What was their reply you ask? They literally told me thereā€™s nothing they can do because they have no way of linking player names to account names. What??? So there you go, no support what so ever for this game.

Also itā€™s so naive that you all are blaming bots. Use some effing common sense idiots. US East Ladder is the ONLY realm that is affected. Not US East Non Ladder, not US West Ladder or Non Ladder, not Asia, ONLY US EAST LADDER. So by your logic there are no bots on any of these other realms right? Wrong. This game has been out for 20 years, which means there have been bots for at least 19 years. So by your logic this would have been an issue for the past 19 years at least right? Wrong. I swear itā€™s like little 12 year olds playing this game just jumping on band wagons. Shouldnā€™t you all be wall jumping and sliding around shooting from the hip in your run and gun COD game?? You all blaming bots allows these people at blizzard to just sit back and do nothing because you give them the excuse to just say, ā€œOh, yeah itā€™s the bots. We canā€™t do anything.ā€ and be lazy and not fix the server issue.

Lastly, you all want to ban bots which is fine, whatever. Yet you donā€™t think about what the state of the game will be afterwards. Bots are what keep this game going. Where are you all that are complaining??? I very rarely ever see any human made runs in this game. You would think that since you all hate bots so much you would make your own runs, but you donā€™t. Again just jumping the band wagon without ever using your brain. Most have turned their bots off because of this queue line BS (which by the way is up to 4.8k now). There are absolutely NO runs in hardcore, and nobody wants to manually sit in this 20 minute queue for a 10 minute run.

Found the guy that runs bots.

Yes. I must be a botter. Go look up my name on the ladder, genius. I donā€™t even use that infamous 3 letter trade website, but Iā€™m willing to bet you do.

Oddly enough after the latest server reset, the queue was non existent for a bit less than 24 hours. I was not playing when the server was reset, so I was able to do some runs queue freeā€¦

Meanwhile during this brief queue-free point in time in some fools gold forum, there were many fools gold hoarders complaining that their numerous keys were not able to log in because they were getting the key in use error. Of course as time went on, they slowly reported that they were working again and guess what? The queue started creeping up again.

So yeah, itā€™s the bots.

1 Like

Yea but i donā€™t think banning people is the solution. I think we should add more servers and embrace the bots. And based on what you wrote it looks like you got a bot to post that for you. I want bliz to make more servers and let us have all the bots we want. Who cares? Their bottom line, and thatā€™s why we wonā€™t see results that I want.

Again, by your logic all the other realms would have the same issueā€¦ Itā€™s like beating a dead horse.

The unknown variables are maximum server capacity and how many bots there are on each realm. Itā€™s all conjecture, I will give you that much.

Yea well asia has a dead horse that is 9000 long soā€¦

same stuff and no support

1 Like

Iā€™m having issues just creating a game in non-ladder. I had the queue issues with ladder so I figured it was a ladder issue, but it just times out trying to create games in non-ladder as well. This is too bad

1 Like

The obvious problem is the huge fan base still playing Diablo 2 with the present server capacity inadequate for the number of players. Kudos actually to Blizzard for acknowledging us and keeping up the game although they are not making any big money on this one anymore. New players are going for the new games with higher end graphics and other things. Suggest If we as players are willing a small amount of monthly revenue like $5 or $10 a month to play our favorite game here. This should give enough revenue to allow more adequate servers. I am on welfare myself not much money to throw around but for my favorite game I should be able to handle a small donation like this

1 Like

I am going to have to politely disagree in regard to a monthly fee. They are still selling copies. I saw a battlechest in walmart a few months back ā€¦heck I bought a second copy of d2 and lod from the blizz store 2 weeks ago just to have a second account.
Here is my suggestion - use the d2 format and play style for d4 and maybe a lot of us would make the jump. When I bought d3 I was expecting it to be like d2 on steroids - I mean why not? Not many games have the type of replay value like d2 as far as players are concerned. My 2 cents.

2 Likes

I did not say Blizzard was not still making ā€™ someā€™ money from Diablo 2 but you cannot expect that blizzard is getting a ton of revenue from a 20 year old game. You honestly expect Blizzard to keep a server in tip top shape when they are barely making any revenue from it now? COME ON!!! The Game company has HOW many employees and HOW much overhead? The copy of Battlechest you saw at walmart HOW long was it sitting there? Jeez!!! The sales ot the game do NOT even come close to cost of keeping the server up that we are so unhappy about

Do the classic game devs feel like doing their jobs any time soon and reset the servers?

They have already said that resetting the servers is not a viable solution, as the queues quickly return a short time afterwards. Weā€™re in the long haul right now. Be patient, I suspect something good is coming. Fire up a single player character to pass the time if you really need to get your D2 fix.

They have stated they are working on the problem, however the secrecy of WHAT they are doing to fix not only the queue issues, but the 64 bit MacOS issues speaks volumes in my opinion. I suspect something will be announced during Blizzconline February 19-20.

Why it take so long to create a game it been an hour i try to create a game in d2 and it is still not working i buy this game like 3 time in my life and i just buy it again and i cant even play im very upsetā€¦

1 Like