[Main Thread] Diablo 2 - Problems creating games, joining games, long queue times

Ya the realm downs are brutal right now. Made 2 games before I was. I don’t dare try to xfer

The team killed the game, I joined 4 classic d2 non ladder cs games and got hit with a 12 hour ban. This is ridiculous

Interesting. USEast has no queues… no login problems. A few RDs here and there but otherwise it seems stable.

1 Like

I’ve been realmed more times in the past 24 hours than I was all last ladder

US East has no queues…assuming its due to them banning Non Bot players and Bots alike with temp restrictions. I was just hit with one after playing 1 chaos run.
How can bots and map hackers get away with it but not their real player base.

I’m curious if they are experimenting with reducing the maximum games/hour limitation… Making it a max of 5 games/hour would significantly cut down the number of game creation load on the server and slow down a lot of bots that only hit up one or a few areas quickly…

same thing here. ive been realm down 3x since last night. ive maybe created 5 games. just logged on and created one game and played for 15 minutes and left the game and now realm down again. good times…

wouldnt it make sense to sort this kind of stuff out BEFORE you reset the ladder?? i dont get it…

To Dark Jedi’s point, it did seem like experimentation even with the 8 loads per IP. A friend was running 4 windows on his IP and the minute he put up a 5th they all got restricted immediately. If they are adjusting these types of frameworks they need to state it publicly so people do not operate under the guise of old.

No queue for hours now on East. Thanks guys. Keep it that way

1 Like

How have you been able to play for hours without getting banned?

Edit: I’m jealous.

Awesome, 12 days and you banned all your players. The ones that are left get to play with bots. Alot of us lost our original diablo 2 and LOD and rebought it. I even got my friend to buy it, now hes temp ip banned and can’t play. Its honestly embarassing what is going on. Haven’t been able to play for days, and we get confusing responses, we’re working on it 12 days ago!!! What has happened to diablo 2… We love this game and thats why we play such an old game. You guys are going to lose your players day by day. A lot of us had so much respect for the devs. I’ve never seen such a clear cut bad decision in a game like this in my life.

5 Likes

cant play either… create one game play 15+ min and try to join a new game and realm down. its been almost every time for 3 days now.

now just checking versions and says cant connect to blizzard. useast

Hey all,

We made some modifications on Wednesday to combat this issue and are investigating more options to help alleviate this further. Please keep in mind that to keep our messaging on topic, we’re only going to be commenting on the queue/game creation issues. A lot of you have brought off topic points to this thread, and there are too many for us to handle in this thread without entirely derailing the discussion. If you’d like to discuss other issues, we recommend posting about those on the appropriate forum.

2 Likes

The Queue and wait lines are still an issue… One month later… Don’t talk about it, Be about it.

2 Likes

wow long queue timess

Fix der queue plese!

Just came back to play D2 for awhile and have already deleted my character after 8 hours. The game is unplayable because of the queue, do us a favor and just close it down if you dont want anyone to play

1 Like

4k queue time really guys. You really need to listen to problems here or do you not care anymore. I have played this game on and off for 20 years and in the beginning you guys had so much heart to stopping cheaters and bots where did it go. Please fix the servers and pay more attention to your community or shut them down if you do not care to fix what is broken.

I cant see any games or make any games. US-EAST ladder.

2 Likes

US east ladder, 3000+ que, cannot make games without constant “failed to join game” after serve all minutes of waiting for the game to be made. Joining games results in major lag and rollbacks… please fix this ASAP.

2 Likes