[Main Thread] Diablo 2 - Problems creating games, joining games, long queue times

Just came back to play D2 for awhile and have already deleted my character after 8 hours. The game is unplayable because of the queue, do us a favor and just close it down if you dont want anyone to play

1 Like

4k queue time really guys. You really need to listen to problems here or do you not care anymore. I have played this game on and off for 20 years and in the beginning you guys had so much heart to stopping cheaters and bots where did it go. Please fix the servers and pay more attention to your community or shut them down if you do not care to fix what is broken.

I cant see any games or make any games. US-EAST ladder.

2 Likes

US east ladder, 3000+ que, cannot make games without constant “failed to join game” after serve all minutes of waiting for the game to be made. Joining games results in major lag and rollbacks… please fix this ASAP.

2 Likes

Do not join any games right now. I joined one of 3 available public games on USEastLadder normal mode, played for 2-3 minutes and my level 7 necro had almost saved Deckard Cain, when I got disconnected and “temporarily banned from this realm” popped up. My poor necro is probably dead right now, just like Blizzard is dead to my heart.

1 Like

The post I made recently on the Asia Queuing situation (which has a much longer and more storied history) also applies here. Reposting it here with some edits which only made sense in the context of the previous thread.

I’m merging all of the duplicate threads into this one so we can make sure we’re tracking this in one place.

Appreciate the feedback!

Thanks for letting us know but this is happening in us east as well not just asia

1 Like

Queue: 889
Delay on “Connecting to fastest server”.

~8 hours later: 1938

I wonder if anyone had considered adjustments to the skill Teleport? Giving it a much longer cool down would hinder all bots and exploitation of games. It is the single most used skill by all bots and exploitative players by a long way. Just by adjusting this one skill would have a dramatic effect in both game stability but also how fast games can be cleared and therefore how many games would be made.

1800 queues the past couple days

Just ban the hackers , u know they run hacks ban them like you did years ago , turn on your warden or whatever it was called !

would be nice if they did.
1200 queues today

What is happening? how long for a fix

I don’t like how purposefully vague “exploitative players” is. What is classified as exploitative? Botting? RMTers? Hackers? All of those things would be a yes in my book. What about people that trade with other players legitimately? What about people that get runewords like Enigma and teleport around everywhere? Is that considered “exploitative”, since we’re taking advantage of a mechanic to speedrun through games/areas/bosses? I know there’s a queue time to prevent games from being made/left too quickly, and this is supposed to combat bots, but what about the players (like myself) who just play a lot of Diablo 2 in one day and can run through areas and kill bosses relatively quickly because of gear/being overlevelled or whatever? This is why it hurts to be vague.

To the above poster.
Anyone who bots or cheats in anyway is an exploitative player.

Noooo…really? Read the second line of what I said in my post. I love when people try to act like they’re smarter than somebody else but then don’t realize they’re actually agreeing with someone. I literally said “What is classified as exploitative? Botting? RMTers? Hackers? All of those things would be a yes in my book.” The problem is when you just say “exploitative player” it’s being vague on purpose. Because there are many things in the game that could be considered “exploitative”. People who quest bug Andariel/Duriel/Mephisto? That’s an exploit. And people have been doing it for years ad nauseum. People who don’t kill Cow King when they run Cow Level so that they can keep farming it infinitely on higher difficulties? That’s an exploit. You’re supposed to kill Cow King on each difficulty and be done with it, but people don’t because it leads to better item drops and more easy XP. What about speedrunners like MrLlamaSC or Dbrunski125? Yes, they play on Single player, but they use all of these things to get through the game quicker, and if they played on ladder, I guarantee you they would too. You see where I’m going with this? When you stop being specific with your language and get down to it, there are many things that could be considered “exploitative behavior” but are just players taking advantage of muscle memory, efficiency, playing the game a lot, and understanding how the mechanics of the game work. There’s a difference between being a bot/cheater/hacker and just being knowledgeable at the game. My concern is that Blizzard is going to start punishing the people who are playing legitimately when we use vague language.

Literally getting 1700-2500 in line every day. Even tried logging on midnight, and still horrible.
Killing the little community we do have. Bots just destroying the game.

Yeah, the bots are bad. It’s ridiculous because there are lots of people I’ve gotten into the game recently that just want to play legitimately, and then they have to wait for a queue timer like this.

I mean, there is literally 2-3 public cs bots going on in us east classic…no telling how many on expansion…The lead person says the same commands every single game…Viz…Seis…Diablo…ect…Its killing us legit people.
No way i wanna wait 2500 each time to do a single run. Most of us don’t have time for that.

1 Like