[Main Thread] Diablo 2 Cdkey in use by myself?

I actually got an idea. Get a new set of cd key and log on and off every account and every character one has. When you hit the jack pot meaning you logged onto your character that is still logged on your old cd key causing the unable to connect error, log it off with your new cd key and everything should be all set. The old cd key should now not be in use cuz you logged off the key character that’s causing the problem. The only risk to this is that when you log onto the character that’s still logged on, Blizzard might detect that there are 2 different cd keys logged onto the same character and they might permanently ban both your old and new cd keys. In this case maybe “ticket” and tell them you are going to try to find that character that’s still logged on by using a new cd key then log it off and inform Blizzard to please not ban your old and new cd keys while doing this… Or just uninstall old cd key and get a new and different one, but the problem is still that when you log onto the character that’s causing your old cd key the unable to connect error (cd key being used by self) then Blizzard might have a problem with that and ban you, so ticket tell them before you do this should be a must. Tell them your old key and new key and the registered owner name(s) etc etc and it SHOULD be fine.

the third day has passed , it gives the same error that my key is being used when it will be repaired ?

none of those options work

Hey all,

Kershew gave an update on the 6th in their post above.

Anyone who posted before the update, Kershew manually reset those players’ accounts. However, that doesn’t apply to anyone who posted after the update.

Thus, as Kershew stated anyone who still cannot login after the 24 hour period needs to submit a support ticket so that a GM can reset the account.

Hello, I am also still having this issue and it’s been multiple days. I’ve also posted a ticket as well. Hope to get an update on when this can be resolved.

I’ve submitted a ticket and it seems the GMs/Technical staff are stumped too.

Refer them back to Kershew’s update above. GMs can manually kick the account offline so that you can log in again.

If the reply you received was recent, word that they can help get you back online may not have spread through all of CS yet.

1 Like

Same issue… I really hope a GM can knock me offline sometime soon.

My CD-Key seems fixed now. Thank you <3

1 Like

So we cannot provide you with the CD-Key and you can’t run a connection to the account instead we need to send all this information and files and screenshots and etc.

The last thing I want is for you guys to ban my accounts or something because I log in two different accounts with the same D2 client on my desktop.

CD-key is associated with file installation of D2, not BNet accounts

I can’t, no, I’m not a Bliz employee. The blue text people are Bliz.

You’re a terrible friend… lol…

They closed my ticket saying they will forward it to the right departments.

Wasted a week pretty much.

my CD key is locked as well. please kick me off so i can get back on. its been two weeks.

If you are unable to submit a ticket, that indicates a larger connection issue (There are no known issues with the ticket submission system but not having a stable or secure connection can cause issues loading the ticket forms)

You can try clearing your browser cache/cookings, trying a different browser or trying a different device to submit the ticket.

If it was over 24 hours of being locked out, you submitted a ticket and they did not manually flush your account, please reply to your ticket, inform them of this post and ask for more assistance.

If it has been less than 24 hours, it is a matter of waiting 24 hours first, then submitting the ticket to allow the system to update properly and remove the character automatically. Be sure to include in your ticket that it has been more than 24 hours and again feel free to link to this post in your ticket.

“Your CD key is currently being used by: [My Name]…” Had the problem for days, a GM fixed it yesterday, and now my account is locked again, with that very same message… Can you please fix it for good? Never had this in so many years of playing… The game did not crash, I just tried to log in and there it was… again!

hi,

i have the same problems with my account as the people write above. also already has been more than 24 hours.

Am I to understand that my account’s going to get locked every second day, that I will then have to wait 24 hours, submit a ticket, wait for it to be taken care of, then get locked again, and again? Man… please fix this. …like right now. Just do it! I don’t need no GM to tell me to have a wonderful day, I need that problem fixed for good, that’s all. Waiting. Do it. Do it. Do it.
Unlock my stuff.

i went on my account on my sons computer all my characters are not stuck and it still says my cd keys are in use being me on my computer it been three week for me i cant play

1 Like