[Main Thread] Can't launch the Battle.net App - DLL error

Yep, getting the same. Tried all the above.

Win7 (yes I need to update ha).

Battle.net.13434

4 Likes

having the same issues as well
battle.net.13434

3 Likes

Same here. Updated to Battle.net.13434 yesterday and getting this error.

Uninstalling and reinstalling didnā€™t help, even after deleting all the folders, including the ones in program data.

Using windows 10 ltsc 2019

3 Likes

same as problem to me, win 7. So any clear answer from blizzard ?

4 Likes

So they make us download an app-breaking patch and then send all their customer service agents home for the weekend?

2 Likes

I harvested healthy Battle.net.XXXXX folders from my friends PC and just switched them with the corrupt ones, didnā€™t work the first time but then i left only the older version in my case ā€˜ā€˜Battle.net.13401ā€™ā€™ and it did the trickā€¦ hope this helps someone :slight_smile:

Doesnā€™t work. It throws up a message that ā€œWeā€™ve detected a newer version of Battle.net than the one youā€™re attempting to launch. You may need to fix your shortcutsā€.

1 Like

Battle.net.13434
Win7 PC (worked fine 10h ago)

Error: Cannot launch the Battle.net App.
ā€œA required DLL could not be found. Please download and reinstall the Blizzard app.ā€

Done so far:

1. Uninstall
  2. Reinstall
  3. Uninstall
  4. Removed ALL registries related to Blizz/Battle
  5. Removed C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle.net ā†’ Battle.net.13434
  6. Reinstall
  7. Installed Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022
  8. Checked drivers
  9. Removed C:\ProgramData\ ā†’ Battle.net
  10. Removed %appdata%
  11. Reinstalled

Copied the Battle.net.13401 folder from a Win10 laptop to the Win7 PC folder and removed the 13434 folder.
DLL error came back on along with the Battle.net.13434 folder.
Started app again (w/o removing the 434 folder) and it got me to the Login Screen ā†’ Queue timeā€¦ ā†’ Battle.net open ā†’ Canā€™t locate games ā†’ Folder with gamesā€¦ ā†’ Battle.net open but freezes and imediatelly started to update. Clicked on Play under HotS and I was in.

Dear Blizzā€¦pls fix ur stuff asap as Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m going to run into this again as soon as I need to restart the app! :triumph:

7 Likes

All I keep getting is the DLL error and I only see file 13434 donā€™t even see 13360 or 13365. So they need to fix this cause itā€™s BS that this happened on patch day for D3 and I canā€™t even play this weekend.

5 Likes

We are pretty much stuck until they fix this ā€“ win7 users that are impacted will have to redownload the installer once they advise XD

3 Likes

for me Battle.net.13434 is the BAD version that doesnā€™t work:

Battle.net.13369 - WORKS
Battle.net.13401 - WORKS
Battle.net.13434 - DLL MISSING

I did manage to recover battle.net folder from a backup and i have to replace the backup folder every time i restart the computer or when the battle.net app decides to upgrade by itself.

This is why people get frustrated and migrate to other games

6 Likes

The same here :frowning: and I tried reinstalling it 3 times and nothingā€¦

1 Like

The launcher works for me - 13434 version , on fully updated Windows 10 Pro 21H2 64bit .

Just trying to narrow down the issue here, compared files of the whole battle.net app folder launcher version 13434 with a friend that gets the DLL error and we got the exact same amount of files and size of the folder. Means it is something else, DLL missing in the Windows OS.

It is a mystery to me what is going on.

1 Like

i do not have a back up. from where i can download this old file?

1 Like

I encountered this error bout 2 days ago, after playing hearthstone intensly for over a week with little to no issues other than the framerate.

Using a weak older laptop, win 7.
tried all the suggested fixes, updating and reinstalling stuff, no effect.
however, i did manage to recover an older install folder ā€œ13369ā€, which i used to replace the ā€œ13434ā€ folder. IT WORKS, the 13434 folder reappeared after deletion and logging off/in. but it still seems to work. will have the 13369 folder ready to copy paste if it brakes again.

regarding that fix, does that folder contain any sensitive personal information?
if not, can i upload it here for those who donā€™t have battlenet installed on like 3 different PCs? i dont see an upload function.

or even better, can maybe the support post it? would really help if the error said WHICH DLL file its missing since the folder is close to 300 megs.

3 Likes

That would be helpful if it doesnā€™t contain personal info.
Iā€™m pretty close to attempting to download battle.net to my husbandā€™s NUC to see if I can do this myself. I just gotta wait until he gets home lol

I have same problem, but using another (older) folder from another PC solved it for now (basically above mentioned solution, delete ā€œBattle.net.13434ā€, paste another ā€œBattle.net.#####ā€ and restart Battle Net).
Windows 7 (64-bit) here, if you are curious.

I am pretty sure it does not contain any personal info. From what I saw, itā€™s just a bunch of .dll(s) libraries and thatā€™s mostly it.

The only files that were different between folders ā€œBattle.net.13434ā€ (not working) and ā€œBattle.net.13401ā€ (works for me right now) are:

• cef.pak,
  • Battle.net.mpq,
  • battle.net.dll,
  • Battle.net Helper.dll.

Other files are probably the same, because they have exact same sizes (at least thatā€™s how it looks while iā€™m still logged in. I Have not tried restarting Battle Net client (yet) after above mentioned solution).

EDIT:
Tried copying above mentioned files from ā€œBattle.net.13401ā€ to ā€œBattle.net.13434ā€ and it didnā€™t work.
So the only solution I think is - to have ā€œBattle.net.13401ā€ in Battle Net folder AND delete ā€œBattle.net.13434ā€ folder EVERY TIME before launching Battle Net again.
(Battle Net recreates ā€œBattle.net.13434ā€ folder every time I succesfully logged in)

1 Like

Same here. Windows 7. Waiting for some solutionā€¦

3 Likes

This worked for me, not with one older patch, but with another. Deleting every other version folder other than Battle.net.13401 allows me into the launcher, which downloads Battle.net.13434, which gives the error next launch.

As a workaround I can just keep deleting the new folder.

1 Like

i have the same problemā€¦