[Main Thread] Can't launch the Battle.net App - DLL error

I had a 13360 and a 13365 folder there. When I deleted both and restarted Bnet I got the DLL error. Putting back the 13365 seems to work. Worth noting I ran the installer with Bnet installed to fix this before so maybe thats why there were 2 folders for me. Bnet is normal atm for me…

I had the same problem. DLL error. I tried to uninstall the launcher. But when I tried reinstalling it, the process is completely stuck on 1%. I tried several times by just deleting all the files that were installed with the uncompleted installation, but nothing seem to work.

Same issue here, mine is stuck at 1% even after going through all the steps

Same here

Deleting 13360 and 13365 worked

1 Like

Ive done all the above, deleted the files. reinstalled the launcher. Trying to avoid needing to reinstall everything. Still getting the error BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 - Blizzard Support and the game prompts to run the repair which takes 20 minutes then fails once it gets to 100.

Was getting this. Deleting the folders didn’t work for me, nor did a repair. I had to completely uninstall and reinstall.

2 Likes

youre kidding… SO youll have to reset all keybinds etc :((((

This one was solved by moving to mobile data - so likely there is an issue on the modem which I can deal with later

So far this is what I did on my boyfriends computer: I deleted the 13360 and 13365 folders, there was also a temp file that I deleted. Uninstalled the software. In control panel I went to the windows features and I turned on SMB 1.0 protocols on, delayed the restart. I installed the battle.net software open the program then did a restart. After the restart the battle.net app opened without the .dll error message.

Just a question: Is it the 13360 folder that is the problem and not the 13365 folder? Bnet would not start without 13365 folder. It startet normal today after pc restart.

1 Like

Hey folx - deleting everything - including the two files mentioned and then re-installing also appeared to have worked for me. I too closed and reopened multiple times to make sure and all seems well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This worked for me, but I didn’t uninstall. I did the following:

1. Closed bnet
  2. Ran the installer
  3. Opened bnet
  4. Closed bnet
  5. Deleted all of the Battle.net directories except the latest/highest numbered directory
  6. Opened bnet

It’s been working fine since then, thanks.

1 Like

This issue has started happening to me and I’ve tried all the suggested solutions in this thread. Sadly they don’t work for me since it keeps throwing me the DLL error.

5 Likes

My friend just updated his launcher application to version Battle.net.13434 and now he is not able to start the launcher anymore due to DLL error as well.

Uninstalling from Control Panel, downloading blizzard application from the official site and re-installing 3 times and still no fix.

On top of that the in-game friend list and chat works only half of the time and he will not be able to install game updates without working launcher, thanks for nothing Blizzard…as usual.

By the way, my friend is still with Windows 7, i hope that the launcher still works with Windows 7.

8 Likes

Same issue on windows10.
Uninstall the launcher, remove the battle.net folders in %programdata% & %appdata% completely, restart the computer, and reinstall the launcher, it still doesn’t work.

Tried to reinstall the launcher to overwrite the old one, it doesn’t work.

[Update] Unreal89 gave a solution for this issue, please find the below post link. It works on my WIN10 computer.

5 Likes

I was starting to believe that this was only happening to Windows 7 users. I feel a little relieved now that they aren’t doing away with Win7 compatibility.
I hope they fix this soon! I have little time left on my sub and I don’t feel like resubbing if this is still happening.

4 Likes

uninstall all and cant download back on

2 Likes

it keeps throwing me the DLL error. win 11

3 Likes

Same Issue here on Windows 7 . I’ve done everything the last 7 hours but the problem still persists (same DLL Error).
please help us solve this …

2 Likes

Same problem here… Nothing works :triumph:

3 Likes