Logging out when resuming from sleep

I am also experiencing this issue. Windows 10 Home v 10.0.19045

+1 Happening to me too. Very Annoying. I have to force quit, relaunch, and type my credentials again. Please fix…

Mac OS Sonoma 14.1.2

This started happening in December for me, despite the last update being October.

Come back from sleep, client logged out. Can’t log back in unless I close the launcher and re-launch.

Windows 11

an update or some type of acknowledgement would be great

This is getting so effing annoying. Been having it for months now.

Adding my name to the list of people experiencing this issue. I did notice though, that this forum is part of “Desktop App Beta Feedback”, however I’m not using the Beta client, but have still been experiencing this issue, so wanted to point out that this isn’t specific to the Beta version and is happening with the live client as well. Also been going on for the last few months, similar to other reports.

Battle.net Version 2.27.0.14542
Battle.net Update Agent Version 2.32.2.8550

I have this same problem, when computer wakes up from sleep, the password info is gone pretty much every time.

I’ve used as a “fix” to select “Exit Battle.net completely” on game launch and then simply start it again when I want to play some game. At least the login info stays this way after waking the computer from sleep.

1 Like

Same problem over here, like scape said I just opted for changing the app settings to exit completely to avoid having to log in every time I startup my laptop from sleep.

Not only that, but it also just gets stuck in a loop of failing to connect. Petulant app.

Wish they would just revert their new authentication system, awful to deal with.

I’m on the verge of cancelling my account over this BS.

Friday, February 9th, 2024, and this is still happening in macOS Sonoma 14.3.1 (the latest)

I’m experiencing all kinds of fun issues on the latest beta Launcher (most stable version in my testing):

• Launcher works fine, then without closing the lid or logging out (display sleeps after a time), the launcher suddenly says I can Retry or Continue Offline.
  • If I select Retry, the whole thing freezes up forever until I Force Quit.
  • If I select Continue Offline, I can sometimes go online again without a password prompt. Other times, it will prompt me for the password and let me in after that. Other times, it prompts for the password and my 2FA code, and then lets me in.

In terms of closing the lid, connecting an external display, disconnecting an external display, an interruption in my WiFi (some places I play have flaky WiFi), or anything else besides "actively using laptop with no sleep or peripheral change), the Battle.net launcher behavior is extremely flaky and inconsistent. There are so many varying scenarios, I can’t even sum them up here.

How I’m trying to deal with this:

• Keep the launcher closed until I actually want to play a game. The problem with this is that I am staying somewhere with a poor internet speed, so even a 300 MB update to WoW, which happened to me on a Thursday despite already updating after the regular Tuesday maintenance, will take 10 minutes or more. So I prefer to leave the launcher open so it auto-updates whenever it wants to, so that I can play the game whenever I want to. But I can’t do that without getting all of these disconnects.

20 char minimum - Same

Same thing here, on both my mac and PC

Having to force quite or at least restart every single time it comes back from sleep is really annoying

I’m on 14.3.1 (23D60) (apple silicon)

Just tried to search for a solution to this issue and found this thread. Currently having the same issue on Windows 11. I have to close and reopen the app every time I wake my computer up from sleep. Not like the worst issue I’ve ever seen, but annoying as heck. It sure would be cool to have a fix to such an old issue.

My BNet started this mess after the last update. It’s quite annoying to close the application and restart it every time the computer goes to sleep. Would be nice to see any form of a fix for it.

1 Like