Last update completely breaks wine compatibility

Can confirm it patches now with the update. (I’m not super Linux savvy so I did a 10 fresh install in case there are future problems with launcher.) I’ve not been able to launch game but it is patching at least.

Can also confirm the 8020 agent fixed everything.

Bottles, Lutris, any working wine version, and bother Desktop and Steam Deck.

It patched, cleaned up and hitting play launched a logged in game.

2 Likes

Thank you blizzard, although a response of any type would have been nice instead of just ignoring everyone.

3 Likes

Thank Blizzard :]

So they are aware and listen. Thank you, Blizzard.

But I have a question for the lurking devs in here:

Why not support Linux at this point? There are a lot more Linux users now than in the past PLUS Steam Deck came out. A Linux PC. It will only get bigger from here. It will be silly to support Mac but not Linux, because in terms of gaming it will get bigger than Mac thanks to Steam Deck. So… yeah, some Linux support will be great.

5 Likes

note, since update same issue as reported before. with latest mesa on ArchLinux, graphic cards error on startup of WoW beta. starting up with -d3d11legacy flag doesn’t work

I can also confirm that playing WoTLK Classic through Battlenet launcher with both Fsync and Esync works. Thanks Blizzard for the fix, we really appreciate it :).

Thank you Blizzard!!

Thank you Blizzard working for me too :heart:

Thank you Blizzard, everything has seems to be working now.

Thank you, I confirm, Battlenet also works through Steam Linux with Proton 6.3-8

1 Like

Confirmed fixed by Agent.8020. Thanks everyone.

1 Like

Confirmed to be working with Agent 8020.

Manjaro Linux (5.15.65-1), Lutris 7.2.2, esync and fsync disabled, but I assume most recent wine versions are working again.

Additionally confirmed. I ran Battle.net-Setup.exe (since I wasn’t sure if Battle.net.exe with broken Agent could update Agent or not…), it updated Agent to 8020 and all is well.
Thanks!
–Henry

YES!!! it is downloading the game again with agent 8020 for me too! Now to reconfigure the addons i accidentally deleted on the workarounds :joy:

3 Likes

Just wanted to say thank you. I don’t like windows at all and haven’t used it in 2 years, but I do enjoy a lot of your games.

Thank you Blizzard for fixing the issue, I can confirmed the new Agent 8020 works for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

works for me too…i will always wonder what was implemented to break this in the first place specifically for Linux users…

Thank you to the developer who fixed this :slight_smile:

My best guess is an Undefined Behavior bug, which would explain why Windows users sometimes encounter the same issue. UB code will often work in the environment where the developer tests the code in but may not work in other environments.

Sometimes there are hilarious results. Google for “Wolcen Proton brown blob”, which is the result of a “use after free” bug which is a special case of UB.