Last update completely breaks wine compatibility

A new agent just showed up for me, Agent.8020, and now I was able to open battle.net and log into wow without the “Waiting for update…” loop, there also seems to be no crash errors in the agents folder.

Can someone else confirm this? I’m running it on ubuntu using lutris-GE-Proton7-27 as my wine version.

1 Like

Guessing this is what fixed it for me then

1 Like

I can confirm that it works again with the Agent.8020.

1 Like

Quietly repaired? :smiley: It works again for me, too.
Thank you Blizzard.

Unfortunately, some people still seem to have a problem with a fresh installation.

1 Like

New agent, but I still can’t install b-net.

nvm it installed. Thank merciful god I’m not going to miss WOTLK.

I just fresh installed Bnet on Deck (GE Proton 7-14) and everything actually appears to be working properly! OW is installing perfectly.

Anyone else confirm?

1 Like

Can confirm. Got new agent 8020 and it seems to work again “out of the box”.

all works properly now, with Agent.8012, wow is downloading 6Gbps at my connection full speed (400Mbps)

i think they fix something server side

Note: launcher is also faster to show all assets (news…) i think really they have put something server side impacting wine/linux client

I hope it is fixed now forever and nothing will ever break again :slight_smile: :pray:

1 Like

Okay now it’s not installing properly. Lutris wasn’t registering my install so I uninstalled, now it won’t re-install again.

Can also confirm agent 8020 seems to have resolved the issue,

onto the next matter. Why have the latest builds of the WoW PTR and Beta started throwing the "Your 3D accelerator card is not supported by World of Warcraft. " While retail and classicwotlk is working fine (tested on GTX 970 and GTX 1650 same result). Any insight would be appreciated.

1 Like

Resolved here as well! Agent.8020! Rock stable!

3 Likes

Yep, can confirm. I’m running wine version: lutris-7.2-2

Thanks at the quiet dev who cares about Linux problems without talking about it!

1 Like

I also confirm. New update works on the steam deck

1 Like

Can confirm everything working as normal

edit: I hope this is a start on the path to official Linux support, but that’s prob a stretch

2 Likes

Blizzard - this was very good of you. Thank you very much! Also having success on latest agent.

Yep all works as expected now :slight_smile:

Just want to say though, a fantastic job from the linux community. We all banded together to come up with solutions, and probably ended up forcing blizzards hand :slight_smile:

1 Like

I dunno if i’d go that far. Chances are, either this was a something they did along the way to fixing other more pressing issues, or they take pity on us penguins and it wasn’t much work to fix the issue so why not do it.
Or it could have been a happy accident and they weren’t expecting it to specifically help us but serendipity shines on us.

1 Like

+1 Penguin, Can confirm no agent messing, (but did have to add the following to the config)
“HardwareAcceleration”: “true”,
“Streaming”: {
“StreamingEnabled”: “true”
}

1 Like