Last update completely breaks wine compatibility

Oh well thats not working for me then :frowning:

I just hit play and it closes on me.

i did have to reinstall battlenet for it to work

after reinstall it works fine

i am using “lutris-GE-Proton7-28-x86_64”

How did you uninstall the old client? Just delete the folder? Because the uninstaller doesnt even open for me. Sorry im a Linux noob

Yesterday it just worked for me again. Tried the Battle.Net installer and it worked perfectly. Installed Overwatch from the Battle.net app and had no problems what so ever. Did they fix anything? Worked with Lutris-GE-Proton7-28-x86_64.

To uninstall the old client and game files do I simply delete the folders? I have Battle.net running when I re-installed it but still have the old files. I tried locating the old files via the locate the game option on the Battle.net client but i cant get to the directory that contains the games (D2R, WC3). Is there a way to do it without uninstalling? And if not how do I safely and completely uninstall it?

yes we do even have an answer here

2 Likes

wine has a tool for uninstalling applications as in Windows

i cant link it, so you’ll have to search for it yourself

Ok awesome ill look into that. Thanks!

Bought Steam Deck to start playing wow again. Am disappointed.

Made me download New World. Now no longer disappointed. Bye bye wow…

…but it’s working again.

Its not working for me AGAIN. Worked last night but fails to load today. Wth?!

2 Likes

FYI launcher is only the upper iceberg part.
See my report on Beta :slight_smile: (affecting PTR also)

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/dragonflightptr-launch-broken-on-linux-since-2409-weekly-build/387626

1 Like

Its not working stable for me.

My loop is

1. Delete ProgramData/Battle
  2. Reinstall Battle.net
  3. Locate the game
  4. Play smoothly
  5. Turn off Steam Deck
  6. At the next startup nothing works anymore. Battle.net won’t open
  7. Go back to step 1.

I don’t think this is a medium-term solution

1 Like

Well im glad im not the only one i suppose. Im just gonna stay off Bnet for now… Not worth the stress.

I can’t post on the EU forums, but I’m not having any issues with DF Beta/Classic or Retail.

I’m on Arch Linux (EndeavourOS), with DXVK installed, running NVIDIA proprietary drivers (RTX 2080). WoW launches with no additional start arguments. I only mention these little bits of info because people claimed trying d3d11 legacy, and GPU detection failing.

I’m running through wine-7.16.r0 if that helps any.

This exact loop happens with me as well with D2R no matter all of the aforementioned fixes that I’ve painstakingly worked through. Also, when attempting to launch DI, it gets stuck on “initializing” after pressing play, only for bnet launcher to get stuck again upon restarting. If this doesn’t get fixed soon, I may end up just selling the deck for that other windows handheld out there (can’t remember what it’s called and don’t feel like googling) OR just installing windows on the deck itself and dealing with that unoptimized mess.

Agent 8022, same problem.

Edit: started with 5.7 waited a while, closed and downloaded 7-29 GE, now it’s working with GE.

Lutris or just using the force compatibility feature in steam?

Has anyone figured anything out yet?

But it’s not the Deck causing the issue… That’s like selling your neighbors car when your car has engine trouble. It doesn’t make any sense.