How am I using my own CD key?

For real? Like, enough bugs with these bots and all, but I am using my own CD key even though the game bugged me out. From what I understand “Improperly logging out” is a thing. Like, pressing ESC and clicking Save and Exit can be done improperly. If the game is closed… if my computer is RESET how am I still online? Tell me please.

2 Likes

Yea all us east is down. Crazy. Annoying. Supposed to be fun but they’ve let everything go down hill.

2 Likes

Hey, Bucci. There’s some issues with the servers at the moment, it looks like it may be recovering a bit here if you wanted to try seeing if the error continues.

What typically happens here is that while you’ve disconnected, the character itself is still showing as online on the servers, which can happen after a disconnection or when it doesn’t disconnect “properly” it can cause a bit of a glitch where the server still recognizes the character being online and causing the in use by your own account.

We generally recommend to wait 24 hours in these situations, but it should disconnect the character within 30 minutes or an hour. At this moment, since there are some login and server issues, it’s a bit risky to try refreshing the data now. I’ll check back when we have word the servers are a bit more stable so we can test and refresh then.

Here’s the other thread for the login issues at the moment:

1 Like

Caterpepi my cdkey is still jammed up?!
Am I the only one who still can’t play online?

any update? i am still getting “cd key used” error. plz help

1 Like

mine is still in use by (MYSELF) which makes NO sense
if a customer support rep reads this, please just release my key real quickly and solve my damn problem

1 Like

I have the same problem, fix it please. How am I using my own CD-key

1 Like

OMG i thought it was just me. Game froze out of no where after killing diablo been trying to log back in since 2am and still says im online this sucks.

been waiting allday to play and cant

Is there any way you can just force log out everyone so those of us with cd key bugs can actually play? It sucks losing 10 hours of my day off not being able to log in.

i wouldnt be surprised if we all come back with a Char missing

My cd key is in use by me as well. Please release it for me! Thank you in advance

Me 2, been waiting for more than 16 hrs

This is happening to me as well. Following the topic so I can see the resolution. It happened to me starting Friday night and I immediately tried again (which I guess was the worst thing to do).

Thanks in advance for the resolution.

I’ve checked up the situations here and wanted to break this down in to some sub-categories to make this a bit easier.

• @Yoshimaru and @Dwiddly - The following of you are not showing that the character is still online from my findings, so you should be good to try logging back in if you haven’t already.
  • @odog, @Thizzface87, @comeonyou - The following had a temporary restriction from switching characters or logging in too quickly, which should be cleared now. Please try logging in again.
  • @Liquid, @Pergzedref, @German2046, @BlinkTenor - You were still showing as in-use, but I have cleared it and you should be able to attempt to login now.

Here’s more information on the CD Key in use by myself can be found on this support article:

For anyone who is still seeing the “CD Key in use by myself,” please contact customer support so that we can make sure that the situation is fully addressed.

This issue cannot be address on the forums continuously here for each individual account and I’d rather not have one missed. To be clear, I will not be checking for further requests on this thread and the reason why is because it will get too confusing and tedious to do so on this thread, so I advise you to submit a ticket to our customer support team. Thank you for your understanding and patience, everyone.

2 Likes

Solved it for me, Thanks!

1 Like

Man, I did not expect individual reports responded to in a comment on this thread. Thank you so much. I mean, with all due respect, I am a bit worried about Diablo 4 if D2 is now this old and bots and nonsense still runs rampant to this day, but… and D3 got sad after the wild idea of an auction house went away… but I can’t even fathom how bad we as customers could be having our own various individual issues, and requiring all that weird data over those really hard-to-get-in support tickets because I am no real computer psyentist. But yeah you guys rock. I’ll most likely be down for D4 the day of release no matter how much I cry because this game is messed up… but maybe even still come back to D2… because I am an addict. Thanks again.

1 Like