(Help) Using battletag to find out your email

im currently using an alt account to post this. I wanted to log in to my account but i forgot the email address that is used to register it. Can i have the first and last characters of the email address so i could possibly remember it to login?
Edit:I forgot to put my battle tag, it is [Removed by Blizzard]

Hey Ricky,

I’m afraid we are not able to provide email address info on the forums. This is a public space meaning that anyone and everyone can see the information. Even giving a hint like you suggest may not be a good idea. I went ahead and removed your BattleTag.

We can assist you with this over a web ticket or live chat. At the top of the page click on Support and then at the top right click Contact Support. Make sure you are logged out of the alt account before proceeding.

From there click:
#1 Account, App, & Shop
#2 “I would rather categorize the issue” -> Account -> “Can’t log in?” -> Recover email address
#3 Click Contact Us

You will be prompted to an attach an ID and when clicking Submit you should be able to fill out the form. You can include the BattleTag in the description.

1 Like

i tried that but it needed me to put in my phone number, i also forgot the phone number that i used for the account

It shouldn’t require a phone number unless it’s asking for a contact number for a callback. You can also try another browser or logging out to submit a ticket anonymously which can help with the recovery process. Here’s a direct link.

the same thing happened to me could you please help me

Hey I know it’s a bit late but could I also get some help?

I am also having the same issue. I think my friend created the account on my playstation and I have been using it since overwatch 1. My username is WILDPANTS#1241700 and is was connected to the playstation NICBROCHILLL. I can show ID and any information that is needed. I have filled out multiple tickets and posted on many forums. Please help.

If you do not remember the email address for an account the only way to get assistance is via ticket. That allows them to privately handle the information.

Ticket times are REALLY insane right now though with it going over 2 weeks in some cases.

If you have a ticket number then your ticket is in queue. They very well may ask for Govt Issued ID matching your legal name on the account.

I am in queue for a ticket. Is there any other way to get in contact with a blizzard support agent? Like a live chat/phone number or even dming a verified support agent on here? This all happened out of nowhere and should be a quick fix.

I wish there was a way, but no. This is handled via tickets. They are insanely backed up right now and it is pretty terrible. What live chat they had is mostly shut down (I think) and they have them answering tickets instead. They have not had a dial in phone number in over 10 years.

There are Support Forum Agents that exist for tech support and WoW customer support forums Customer Support - World of Warcraft Forums , but they don’t handle private account info via forums. You would not want your ID public for example!

Agreed, but right now with Wrath release, OW2, ban waves, returning customers needing account access, server queues, server merges, purchase issues, WoW Dragonflight pre-patch etc. Things are unacceptably backed up.

1 Like

Guess I’ll just wait. Thanks for the help anyway