Hearthstone- Can't play standard decks, get "There was an error starting your game"

Since the new expansion, I can’t play in standard mode. Keep getting the “There was an error starting your game. Please wait a few minutes and try again.”

I am not in a Hearthstone Gathering. Previously I was getting this error on a Caverns Below Rogue deck when trying to play it in Wild. Now I get it for every standard deck, no matter what cards are in them, no matter the class.

5 Likes

I have the exact same problem.Also why the hell cant i get full dust on cards i bought not long ago that went wild.You guys are legit scammers now.

me to on mage and paladin standard decks

I also can’t play in standard mode, I was hyped for the expansion. Has anyone figured out the problem?

No response still.As much money that i have spent on this game you would they would keep us posted.

I have found a solution!! Quit thinking Acti-Blizz will ever have a release of anything that isn’t somehow broken…boom, Bob’s Your Uncle! We as players/consumers just assume everything will release on “release” day with zero issues and that’s our problem! I mean what were we thinking…it is not like they had a large amount of time to test, tune, and bug fix…#amIrite???

1 Like

They have ruined the game. The new expansion is DOO DOO. Still can’t disenchant cards…whether earned or not. Still only get 400 gold for disenchanting Leg…still costs 12 or 1400 to craft one. Can’t use cards I had crafted. Only in wild where people have meta decks…so guess what Blizzard…UNINSTALLED. NEVER gonna play it again. You money hungry thieves.

You are right about that. I have spend over 400 bucks on this sh*t hole game over the past two years…and for what? Can’t use cards I’ve crafted now…can’t disenchant extra cards even if they were “rewarded” to me…don’t get enough from disenchanting them anyway right? And now in wild if you want to do the achievements players who are AGGRO just destroy you by the time you can complete them…it’s over. No more. Uninstall it like I did. It isn’t worth the time or MONEY. And THAT is the ONLY thing Blizzard cares about. Spread the word.

According to RegisKillbin, you should be able to avoid the error by removing any GOLDEN CORE cards from your deck. It may also take a couple of tries to enter the queue. I have not tried this, but that is one response. I don’t have time to do it now, but if you try it and it works, let the rest of us know.

1 Like

tried it but i can’t seem to make it work. tried it 10 times and removed all golden cards from my deck

This forum is for community based troubleshooting regarding issues specific to the Battle.net Desktop Application. For community assistance regarding hearthstone, it is best to post on a current top or create a new topic in the Hearthstone Technical Forums. Do not resurrected old posts, even if the symptoms are the same, the situation was likely completely different as would be any troubleshooting.