Hangs at "Checking Versions" US West

@MissCheetah

Who are you and why are you even here? You’re not even helping this discussion just arguing mute points with people. The blue post you quoted was from a week ago. A WEEK. No updates, no reason why this is happening, no resolution. If you have nothing of relevance to the issue, and don’t have any additional insight, stop trying to debate or defend blizzards horrible technical support team.

2 Likes

To correct information posted by Steve that was not correct. I wanted to ensure he saw the latest post provided and to also know to look on the other forums too.

The word you want is “moot”.

Correct which is why I said that.

I get it, you want a Blue post. That does not make me wrong for fixing misinformation.

I have in no way defended this. Find where I said it is ok and quote it if you can. I said an update is needed.

Attacking me is not going to get you any points with Blizzard or any action. It won’t even make you feel better. MVPs are other players. They can’t do anything more than you can.

I do have a serious question to everyone in this forum. I know we all are playing on US-West but are any of you physically located elsewhere in the world? I am located on the west coast of the US, but for many years played on US-East for several reasons. When I came back, my friends were on US-West, so here I am now. I am wondering if it is a physical location issue as well as the lack of support Blizzard is supplying currently.

Steve was correct in that we are being ignored, and the issue was never confirmed. So as it stands, it seems Blizzards approach to this issue is to just simply ignore it as over the past week there have been no fixed or updates. I work in a development environment, if we had an issue like this, it would be fixed in a day, maybe a few a most. This is a huge failure on Blizzards part.

The other forum gets zero updates from blue posts, I already posted there, as did others. This was the place where it got some traction, which is why everyone is here, in this discussion.

But here you are again, arguing on a post for the sake of arguing and just proving my statement correct. You also never answered the question; do you even play d2?

Clearly you have no other information than we do, so again, why are you here if you’re not making any valuable contributions to the discussion? Why does every special permitted poster on forums always have to be on a high horse? Time to get off.

And why would I care about Blizzard points? I’m not a “MVP” like you, I could care less what Blizzard thinks about me. I give them money, I play their games, I expect the product I pay for to work.

No, I know many players on east and west, and across the ocean who are having this issue. It’s not location based, it’s Blizzard server center based.

Spookybabe, thank you for the report. I was not sure, so I figured I would ask. Makes much more sense now though. Would be really odd honestly to have it be a physical location issues, but was worth a try…at least to me.

They literally confirmed it and said it was under investigation but they don’t have an ETA for a fix.

However you think me quoting that, and making sure people saw the information confirming it, was not helpful. Same with me saying we need an update.

:woman_shrugging:

Saying the classic team has been notified of reports is not the same as confirming it. Clearly we have different definitions and different levels of clarification expectations.

1 Like

That may be that we have diff definitions.

Bottom line is it sucks for everyone and an update is needed.

I asked about some of it earlier last week and could not get answers either. They do know West has an issue but beyond that nothing more has been said.

I can poke them again tomorrow but can’t promise an answer. The folks who are CM/TS front facing are not the ones who fix things so it depends on communications. Blizzard communications…

All the botters gotta ruin it for the actual players. They remove the long que wait times and give us this checking versions crap hella frustrating. i literally snapped my keyboard in half dealing with this garbage not happy at all

Just for the record, tech support just confirmed by ticket they do not see any issue on their side.

My ISP just confirmed that in their test the host could never resolve commands.

This is totally messed up. Server are not working and we are being gas lighted / ignored.

Shame on blizzard!

1 Like

This is what makes me pissed off “under investigation but they don’t have an ETA for a fix.”
What kind of bullcrap is this? they are aware of the issues but they don’t know when it will get fixed? what a joke

The key phrase is “an update is needed”.

More importantly, what is management doing to fix this long-term problem? (three guesses…)

Who–in management–is responsible for Blizzard? Time for accountability to raise its head. Unless, of course, management is not accountable…

People come back to D2 because it is fun. When customers can no longer experience fun with the game(s), they leave and do not return. Which is why so many games–and game companies–disappear. Employees lose jobs and have to look elsewhere.

Activision owns Blizzard. They (Activision) are responsible for what happens–whether they admit it or not. Either they are willing to make a commitment to Blizzard or they are not. If they are not willing to make that commitment, there is no reason to buy products from Activision (or any other companies it owns) because there is no intent by Activision to invest in an existing long-term customer base.

People who already own games made/acquired by Activision will continue to play those games until they are no longer playable. Then those customers will move on–to other companies’ games, because the customers already know there is no “long term” with Activision.

Management won’t care–because they get fat contracts with cash payments, even when they fail. Employees don’t.

My advice to employees: Keep your resume up to date.

It is still not fixed…?? It’s been literal weeks now

What I do not get is that they had this EXACTY SAME issue last year with their US-East server, as I previously stated. Super long queues at first, then connecting to Battlenet in general. They fixed that issue. Why can they not just use the same fix now? Oh wait, cause they do not care. D2R is coming out, so D2 is basically worthless. Those playing have already spent their $$$ on the game, and since there is no monthly cost, Activision/Blizzard do not care to resolve any issues.

1 Like

i think it’s hilarious it’s only on west and west only had the issue with long que wait times then it stopped and now there is a glitch with this that they see that nothing is wrong rofl

Aw, too bad. It worked for me twice so I thought I was onto something

The problem isn’t only in West… its global some people can get on some of the time by trying those tricks and other people (like me) cannot connect at all to and realm even after switching ip addresses, i even tried at a friends place who lives about 40 minutes away in a different town on a different internet service provider and a different cdkey and still could not log in any realm, down here in Sydney it just hangs at “Connecting to fastest server” then times out comes up with “unable to connect to battle.net if you are using a modem… … etc etc”

1 Like

Mine hangs at accessing your account, and then “unable to connect”. For me all servers have been down for over a week… Tech support led me here, they said “sorry, we’ve been getting tons of messages like this and we’re following this issue on this forum”

Now I’m here and I see no decent response from Blizzard.

1 Like

Just uninstalled and reinstalled my game and manually updated to path 1.14 d, thinking it had to do with an out dated version, but like the op I am stuck at “checking version” Been there for 15 min so far

Okay it’s been 8 days, since you said you were going to do something about this. Same issues if not worse. This is clearly how D2R is going to go, Diablo servers are broken, Warcraft is broken and with the amount of issues Warzone has has, this is another clear sign of neglect of the community