Hangs at "Checking Versions" US West

Oh man, I hope that’s not how they do it!

If the old Diablo 2 (2000) and LoD (2001) keys gave any benefit they would have said so - especially in the pre-order.

They were very explicit that the old keys still give exactly what players bought.

And explicly said that it would not allow access to Classic mode in Resurrected?

No, they explicit said the keys still give access to the old game exactly as it was. They would have said if the keys gave access to the new version.

I may be wrong? But I really don’t think so. If you can find anything indicating the old keys grant access to any portion of D2R feel free to link it. Assuming they do would be a poor idea.

I was able to log in after canceling a couple of times and trying connecting to battle.net again, BUT that lasted only for a few days. Now, I can’t log in at all, not through US East or any other server…

My HC Mariah_Carey got to level 86… come on, Blizzard. When this happens, I usually get busy with other things and then never play Diablo again for years.

I’m back after 12 years and this is quite frustrating.

Still not fixed…
this is taking way too long.

asia(korea) got same issue!!!

Reading The forum posts, and clearly hasint been resolved yet…OH YEAH BTW!!!.. still cant log in! How about i start asking for a refund maybe that will get a response. and if i cant get a refund ill get a lawyer cause this is BS. FIX your issue…Yes there is an issue…stop checking activity and arguing others are logging in… Thiers an Issue. Fix it! or its Lawyer time baby

Boby Kotick has been laying off staff left and right…starting to figure it out.

1 Like

Imagin! having a major issue and not being able to play it for nearly a week now and the only RESPONSE YOU GET FROM A ADMIN IS!! “Yeah dude, every things fine! Nothings wrong, we are seeing people logging in and out every day” Meanwhile Forum “FILLS!!” up with people complaining about the same thing. Everything still fine? Your Fired!

I’m thankful that this game is still around after so many years, but this is not what some of us recently shelled out another $20 for.
I don’t remember one specific server ever being this bad. I remember being able to play both single and multiplayer.

In its current state, this game is literally unplayable for multiplayer on USWest. I just wanted a little nostalgia, not frustration and that feeling I wasted $20.

Here’s to hoping that the influx of returning players reporting this issue maybe kicks the priority of this issue from none to low.

All of you are lucky to even play on 1 server ive been getting the same message for every server, havent been able to play since i last Reset my PC then Reinstalled it.
I’d be Extremely greatful just for even 1 server to let me in. Update: Still hanging at checking versions on every server.

Friday, 9:45am Chicago time: I could not get on US West (as usual). So I tried Europe (success), then USWest (failed), Asia (success), USWest (failed), USEast (success), and USWest–SUCESS !! No idea why. Maybe giving the USWest server a momentary break between trying to get in makes it more likely to work? Don’t know. Anyway, there are FAR FEWER PUBLIC GAMES BEING PLAYED. There are 1-2 park games, ONE norm Chaos game, ONE cow game, and so on. There are ZERO chant or Baal games showing. There are two bots still running–one is doing the Chaos games and one chant game (which is ALWAYS FULL). Can’t imagine why… So I left and will wait for BNet to get fixed.

I am having, seeming, exactly the same failure to log onto the USWEST Server. I have tried ALL the same tricks I read that you did briefly, Jerry (I’m also Jerry, but in CAL) . I [we all] appreciate your extensive efforts, time, blogging this issue here. I will next try your QUICK server switching idea more, now. And, yes, RESURRECTED, or any other BLIZZARD GAMES will not get my $$$ until Blizzard fixes the infinite hanging US WEST Server “current version” problem. : ie How well do they manage server issues?

FIX ITTTTTTT. If an issue like this had gone on at my job heads would roll. Wtf Blizzard

I’m having this same issue with USWest Only. The quick switch works sometimes and sometimes not.

since last week started many people have the same issues even bought a new cd-key to try on still same keep connecting or checking version all step by step keep trying get nothing solution for this , my all realm down can’t even play one server , but my friend can and other one too sometime easy to login sometime trying many time , i dont know what the actual problem of connection or our internet , at leas blizzard showing something what they did and want fans of diablo waiting for something and not just keep showing msg connecting or checking version , all of this not the answer…

Same issue here, sometimes I can get in after switching, but it is really hit or miss.

Same problem here :frowning: help!!!

It’s been almost 2 weeks for us west. Blizzard ever going to fix this issue or they already abandoned classic d2 because of d2r?