Game Downloading All Over Again

I’m not usually one to sh!t on something, as I feel it’s rude & arrogant to throw negativity at something someone has put time and effort into.

Saying that, the Battle.net app is possibly the worst piece of software I’ve ever used. I’ve had to download the game 3 separate times now, all taking around 4 hours.

Every time there’s an update for CoD MW, it starts a 90 gb download, and there doesn’t appear to be any way to stop this.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated - and yes, I’ve read the help pages, and they’re completely useless.

Kind regards.

Keep a copy of all your game files once working if you can, overwrite the existing ones if it screws up again! Also make sure you are on the latest version of that ridiculous launcher.

I believe the idirect official response is just keep downloading the game eventually it will work

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/blizzard/t/fix-for-170gb-update/4886/93

That’s brilliant!

Unfortunately, I have kept an original download of WarZone on a seperate SSD, and whenever I point the app to where this is installed, it says it has an 88gb update!

I will give the steps a go in the forum you have pointed me to,

I appreciate the help!

Hey Cajizzle,

It sounds like that the Blizzard app doesn’t have permissions to save the files. Make sure that you are starting the Blizzard app as Admin. Also disable Read Only settings for the game install folders.

If this persists, try a full reinstall of the Blizzard app:

1. Uninstall the Blizzard app

2. Next type the following commands and delete any Battlenet and Blizzard folders you see in each location. Press Windows Key + R and type:
    • %LOCALAPPDATA%
    • %APPDATA%
    • %TEMP%
    • %PROGRAMDATA%

3. Finally go ahead and reinstall the app from here. Make sure you run as Admin.

1 Like

its now Oct / 2022 and i have the same problem. Battle.net app keep downloading the game. and then i can play it. but god forbid if i close the app, next time. back to download… haha!