Fast Internet but low download speed

I have tried everything now, I have 600 mbps internet and get about 50-100 mbps on every other launcher I download except battle.net where I average about 5mbps for every update and I don’t know what else to do I’ve tried so many things.

4 Likes

looks like there is a huge load to the servers, because so many players downloading season 5 update, just be patient, I have 2mbs speed with 1gbs xfinity connection

5 mb…ur lucky im happy if i reach one…it’s pathetic. I’ve tried everything i found (here and on other sites), but nothing really helps. It seems to be a widespread longstanding problem and not necessarily related to recent patch releases. (download a new game its fast, update one its slow, seems to be the complaint)

It feels like its capped
Edit it dropped to 500kb/s on a 1 gb connection. and then i found something on the web…i switched on my vpn, and now its a solid 1,5 mb when i connect to the US or EU with a vpn first (whoopie …not) …Thats realy poor!

700kb/s with 100mb/s internet…

11 Likes

It’s equally worse as season 4. I guess they will never learn or they just don’t care.
downloading at 800kb

2 Likes

If you own the full game you should be able to download the patch a few days prior to the free to play users… This is a joke, 207kb/s !

1 Like

I was getting same, 120kb… i changed my vpn to new york and now im getting 7-8MB/s

1 Like

Yeah, absolutely pathetic performance. I get about 70kb/s download rate. Feels like travelling back to 1998 and going online with your crappy 56k modem - all that’s still needed are those funky sounds and the illusion would be perfect…

2 Likes

I myself are stuck with 58B/s when I usually download games at about 10-12MB/s with my internet. Also I dont have any download speed limit set…

Edit: Now its 0B/s : )

This is what happens when you don’t spend a dime on servers outside of the US and at the same time refuse to let people pre-download. Complete and utter amateur hour.

1 Like

You guys are lucky it’s even installing at all. Mines been stuck on 0 for the past 2 hours with all the troubleshooting and resetting/restarting done with no help what so ever

This is the same issue i get everytime blizzard release a patch!! Its a joke!! blaming VPN/My service provider, well how comes every other downloader (and my PS4) download things fine!!

FIX YOU S**T Blizzard!!!

5 Likes

Same issue here. Im getting tired of these slow servers. I got 250k internet connection and I have to download from US servers to get any kind of data to my pc. Puh…

Right now 29 kb/s, regular max 70 kb/s on a 1000Mbit connection with ~100mb/s dl speed on any other platform. The “trick” with capping dl to 100kb and than unlocking again gives me around 2,5mb/s for around 2 minutes before dropping down again.
Been like this since season 2, the servers are just crap and this is a massive joke. Especially with 50+gb updates (btw why? just put a bare minimum of effort into shrinking dl sizes).

It was the first CoD I bought in ages (last was bo1) and shure as hell the last one on blizzard/activision servers.

Same problem here. Started the app, several games asked for an update, everything stuck, even the update of this horrible launcher.
Now getting 15kb-70 kb/s when i have 600 Mb/s and every other platform works fine. This is a joke can’t even play Starcraft and is the only thing of this shi** company i still play.

Hey all,

This looks like a resurgence of this old issue. Please funnel reports to this thread which we are keeping tabs on: