Call of Duty Modern Warfare - Slow or Stuck Downloads

Same issue here, dont even have a VPN installed, since this morning its been downloading and not even half way still got 32GB left currently sat at 12KB/s sometimes dropping to 0B/s absolute crap!!!

I have been trying to download the season 5 update all day and its just impossible, the download is completely stuck, sometimes the speed drops to 0B/s, i have tried every “fix” i can find online and still the problem persists, this is completely unacceptable, i have paid for a product which i now cannot access because blizzards servers are a burning heap of trash, sort it out

2 Likes

I think people need to have a more transparent version of this announcement: Breaking News - Blizzard Support

Although I can condone limitations being enforced to allow slower but fairer traffic on the service, like when speed restrictions on a motorway/freeway are used, but I know I’m not the only one getting a constant download speed of 0kb/s which fluctuates to 100kb/s for a second then returns to zero.

@Blizzard This is essentially disabling your customers from accessing their legally purchased goods as we are not able to activate the software without fully downloading the patch.

Is there any more detailed information you can deliberate as to how your gateway structure works? I would have thought a simple queuing system would suffice, so once I see my download speed go up, it does NOT return to zero.

A human response to this thread at this point in the day would be very much appreciated.

3 Likes

Well said and a good valid point!
i have not had 1 update work since season 2 every update just stays at 0kb/s i then have to click on America or Asia and wait over 5+ hours on a 250mbit connection. they should know about this problem by now and at least get more bandwidth on day of release for updates! they have no problems giving us 200meg of s.h.i.t.e every other day. they should know now after 5 big updates how much bandwidth they need and the problems encountered.

2 Likes

It’s such a joke. I have been on 0KB/s for over 4 hours with me resetting, pausing and restarting.

Oh and not to mention it keeps cutting out saying I have a problem with MY internet. (I don’t just to confirm xD)

It confirms what i thought, they check what speed you are requesting the update and then cap it to a fraction of what you request (1% or less). This is why a vpn works because depending on your vpn privider the bandwith the gateway reports will be massive.

Sack that CDN partner, they haven’t fixed it in 6 months , they wont fix it now, go back to steam of find another partner. Not having access to stuff i have paid for not acceptable. If its an incident yes, structurally like this…no.

Hey all,

We’re aware of the problem coming back again today. People are on it. Thank you for the reports.

hi, i have the same problem… 186kbit … i have a 200mbit line

1 Like

This has always happened since the game first came out. They keep telling us that they are actually aware of the problem (every time) but they never tell us they are aware of how they are going to fix it? For everyone who thinks it is anything to do with slow internet speeds (I have a 1gb connection and it still downloads in KB’s most of the time) Just a suggestion ok? But would enableing p2p help at all? We never had this slow download speeds with Steam? Or can they even tell us what they are doing to FIX the download problem and not just tell us they are aware of it? I have not and will continue to refuse to pay for or use any future Season Update/s until this problem is resolved! I Paid enough for the Game in the first place! And now I cannot play the game I PAID FOR!! Until this stupid update is finished! There might even be a Legal Issue here… :frowning:

4 Likes

Could you please tell us what “the problem” is?
It is quite obvious that your CDN can’t keep up with those big patches and the resulting traffic.
Every time this happens, your solution is to keep people calm by telling them “we are searching for the problem” and “people are working on it”.
But the fact, that this happens every time a COD patch is released, shows that you guys are doing nothing!

If my network would be this slow, i would get fired.

4 Likes

Again slooooow download as always since start release of this game Mordern warfare. It has never been fast when this big updates comes. Have 500 MB/sec line and get at the moment 300 kb/sec.

its not our internet i have 1000mbps up and down and the update downloads whit only 10mbps… there servers are just overloaded, because alot of people are downloading this update. blizzard just wont admit to not spending money on there severs.

3 Likes

Hey folks,

Reports of this have declined significantly. We did some things on the back end for this and it seems to have improved. Are you all still having problems? If so, what kind of speeds are you seeing, where are you located, and what times of day are the problems happening?

Can you please stop lieing?..

8 Likes

I was scared i was the only one. I have had problems downloading season 5 update, giving me error code BLZBNTAGT00000840 and i cant acess the “scan and reapir” tool either. i have just been stuck not being able to update or even reinstall my own game after i have already spent a day making sure all my software is up to date and drives are optimized but all they wanna tell me is my connection needs to be better and make sure everything else running in background is off

I tried to reinstall the game 5 times with no luck. It always get stuck on one of the last MB. You need to get the issue fixed or your name will get a lot of critic. I hope you wil fix this bug soon.

The install is fast enough for me but it is always getting stucked on the last MB so i cant play and when i enter the game it says that i missed a download and giver me the diver error also known as Error 6

WOOOOOW Today patch again 12 GB and this time i got max download speed for fist time ever when patch release from modern warfare jippiiiiii. I maxed my 500 MB the whole download. Very good. Hope it will be the same in the future.

It is better to take a screenshot of the problem so someone can help you with it. I’ve been using VideoPower GREEN to take screenshots and do screen recording.

Edited by Blizzard - this topic is being locked as this is an old post which was bumped. Please create your own thread or contact support.