New Battlenet Launcher App player FAQs – 2021*
Q: Where is the News article announcing the Bnet Launcher App change?
Q: Can I go back to the old Launcher interface once the new software goes Live in my Region and the update is pushed to my account?
A: No, you can’t. Once a build goes to Live that is default until a new Beta comes out that you can try.
Q: How can I make the Full Screen interface less cluttered! It has too much stuff!
A: Make sure it is in windowed mode and then drag the side and top down to a mobile type size. It will show only the selected game launch options, one News article, and your Friends List. See below for the smaller version! Background is this forum.
4. Q: I hate it showing games I don’t play! How do I set the Favorites that show at the top?
5. A: Click [All Games] > toggle the star icon in the top left of the game icon. That will show only your favorite games in the top bar where you select games.
6. Q: Can I still pop out the Friends List separate from my Launcher? I want to put it on my Second Monitor.
A: That feature is gone from the New Launcher version. Please be sure to add to the feedback in the Desktop App Feedback forum https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/blizzard/c/feedback-discussion/6
7. Q: Where is Scan and Repair?
A: [Play] Button > Settings Wheel > Scan and Repair
8. Q: Where did the Scan for Games Button go? My Launcher forgot a game was installed.
A: It seems to have moved. Go to the Bnet blue logo in the top left > Settings > Downloads > Scan for Games. You can also tell it to scan for games on Startup.
9. Q: I want to install on a different or external drive. Where can I set that?
A: Go to the Bnet blue logo in the top left > Settings > Game Settings > Browse or specify location for install and/or update. OR [Play] Button > Settings Wheel > Game Settings
10. Q: How do I change Regions for games with Global Play?
A: [Play] Button > Settings Wheel > Regions
Q: How do I add a Game Key or Blizzard product code?
A: Click your name in the top right > Redeem a Code
Q: How do I access my Blizzard Battlenet web Account?
A: Click your name in the top right > View Account.
Q: How do I make the Bnet Launcher CLOSE when I start a game!? I don’t want it running.
A: Go to the Bnet Logo > Settings > App > use the drop down to select what action you want when you hit [Play]
I will add more if I see common themes that would benefit from being on here!
*Please note that MVPs are other players - not Blizz staff/employees. This is a quick compilation of questions I have seen players ask and is not an official guide of any sort. It is also subject to updates if someone points out I made a mistake! It does happen, after all.