Falsely Banned for Hacking?

I received an email yesterday from blizzard stating that my account has been permanently closed due to exploitation and hacking. I have never once in my life used any third party program for botting, hacking or exploiting, along with buying in game gold from third party sellers. I reached out to customer support to appeal the ban and they responded with an obvious copy and paste answer that failed to respond to any of my questions in the initial appeal. Again I re-opened the ticket and explained myself along with asking for proof or help in understanding why I was banned and its been radio silence from Blizzard ever since.

I am sorry to tell you this, but Blizzard will not show you the logs detecting third party software/cheating/botting/exploiting. That is information the cheat makers would love to have to help evade detection. It means players also can’t get that info. They just get the category of the infraction.

There have been false positives before, of course. The only option you have is to appeal until they tell you they won’t take any more tickets from you about that particular issue.

If this is for WoW, and you have questions about how to use the Support system, about policies, or about services, feel free to ask on the Customer Support forum. It serves as an information desk. No GMs there, but they can help explain the process.

Thanks for the response. It just feels like im getting absolutely no where with the appeal process. It takes forever to get a response and when I do it just feels automated without an human actually looking at the ticket to begin with. Is there anyway to get in contact with an actual employee? I only play wow casually with a friend and after having supported them for years, an instance like this leaves a real sour taste in my mouth…

I am sorry, but they don’t do live chat conversations with folks on appeals. They don’t consider it a chance to argue a case. An appeal will have someone look over the data associated with your account, verify it was flagged, and send you a template reply.

It is very impersonal, certianly. Posting on the WoW CS forum as I linked, is the only way to get a Blizzard Blue to maybe comment, but they are not GMs and can’t overturn your ban. They are not there to listen to someone plead a case. Just to explain how the support system and policies work.

You need a level 10 char to post there which you can do on a free account. If you need to tell a Blue which account was banned, give them a charname-server and they can find the right one. Again though, that is not a means to appeal.