Downloads Starting off normal then crawling to a standstill

Download speeds start off normal but then after 30 seconds or so it will drop to 25- 100KB/s and stay there for the whole download.This has been happening to me for months, even changed router and service provider because I thought it was my old BT Hub, but still the same issue whenever I try to update MW.

New hub is with Vodafone. I have troubleshooted, checked internet speeds, and nothing appears to be wrong on my end. Even checked downloading another game through Steam and it was on 5-7MB/s (Standard for me and Basic household UK WIFI) and no drop the entire time.

I had this issue today - have you changed the throttling settings for downloads in the app?

Mine was set at 0KB/s for live updates and 100KB/s for future updates.

Paused the download, changed the live to 1024000KB/s (faster than my fibre) it’s now running at 6MB/s.

1 Like

Yeah sadly that’s what I’ve been doing for since MW came out, I’ll try it again with the number you gave and see if that makes any difference for me! Thank you! :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear that, maybe I got lucky!

There are a few people that suggest using a VPN to get onto the US update servers which is faster. Not a fix, but at least a workaround.

It’s funny because it’s not even downloading at all now xD it’s on 0B/s. Think I’m just going to give up as it’s not going to work

VPN workaround doesnt work, changing region doesnt work, starts off 4MB then drops to 0 its sh*t

Change region to US and vpn into the US is the trick it seems

This has always happened since the game first came out. They keep telling us that they are actually aware of the problem (every time) but they never tell us they are aware of how they are going to fix it? For everyone who thinks it is anything to do with slow internet speeds (I have a 1gb connection and it still downloads in KB’s most of the time) Just a suggestion ok? But would enableing p2p help at all? We never had this slow download speeds with Steam? Or can they even tell us what they are doing to FIX the download problem and not just tell us they are aware of it?

Works for some people and I just connected to Aisa at an amazing 4.3mb/s. WOW I am so Happy :wink:

Hey all,

This looks like a resurgence of this old issue. Please funnel reports to this thread which we are keeping tabs on: