[Diablo II] You were disconnected from Battle.net. Please reconnect

Battle.net is not responding please try connecting again in a few minutes.

Having issues connecting to the game.
When will I be to connect again?
My family and I are playing and grinding for gears and suddenly I have this issues.
I have characters that aren’t permanent and only has a few days till it expire.

I been having this issue for over 12 hours already.

I resolved the issue.
The account i log in with is a normal user; not an administrator. I launched diablo for the first time, clicked battle net, and then it downloaded the patch. At the end of the download, 100%, it gave me the disconnected error message. Future attempts to go to Battle.net online would result in 0% patch download followed by the disconnected error message. At this point, the bottom left of my screen indicated that i was at the most recent v1.14D patch - it never installed successfully, but the game is not smart enough to detect this.
The stemming issue is the non-admin launch, combined with UAC prompt, combined with old full-screen applications… the UAC prompt cannot launch because of compat issues. If you change Game.exe to run for XP SP3, you will see the UAC (User Account control) box but cannot click it. So the fix is simply to right click Game.exe, run as administrator, and it should finish up the patch. Once you’re at the old battle.net account login, you can close the game and launch as user again.

TL;DR:
Right click Game.exe. Run as administrator.
If that is not enough, right click Game.Exe and select properties. Then go to the Compatibility tab, tick the box for “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows XP service pack 3. Then click Ok, then right click game.exe and run as administrator. This will allow the patch to run the way it normally runs.

3 Likes

Do exactly as posted above, I’m now online.

Where do I go to submit a ticket? It’s stuck at checking versions like many of you. I can’t think of anything I did wrong. I’m a legit player no dupes or hacks or anything =(. Maybe cause I used mule characters?

EDIT: I really can’t find a place to submit a ticket.

1 Like

I just e-mail blizzard to submit a formal ticket? Is it the same thing?

1 Like

WHY is this still a problem? Do you want people going to slash or path of diablo??

Go online and tell me there are no bots, this company has accomplished nothing but screwing over its paying customers. Pretty pathetic when you can use 3rd party offerings and have a better experience

2 Likes

I have exactly the same problem.
I had re-installed D2 a few weeks ago and started building my Hammerdin. Game worked fine but for one time when I got a warning that realm downtime was starting in 10 min. I believe that I was very fast in muling some items between characters and that was identified as possible bot activity. I finished muling and waited out the few hours of lock-out. Have been careful not to be too fast when going in and out of battlenet with characters. Despite my care, I lost connection to a running game and battlenet a few days ago and have been unable to reconnect. Same message as you are discussing here. I tried uninstall and re-install with no effect. It has been more than 72 hours now and I am highly annoyed. I use no mods, no dupes, no hacks or bots. I am simple creating a few additional chars to hold on to equipment I may be able to use later. Whatever algorithm Battlenet is using, it is punishing legit players.

2 Likes

hi all , got the same after many jears i’m back for diablo2.got the game downloaded from battle.net + the working keys installed . the game starts but only solo ….
the multiplayer function is not working . it says reconnect to battle.net ?
try many things as run as admin , man.update and compatility check but nothing works …… what now ??
any help

Well sometimes you gotta install the patch manually, I was temporarily banned for loosing connection so who knows?

Hey folks,

It looks like this thread got a lot of totally unrelated traffic. The original poster was temporarily banned for using a business connection. The rest of you may be having wildly different issues. If you get this when logging in, you are likely temporarily restricted, which support cannot help with. You should review this article for information on why this happens, and how to avoid it.

1 Like