Diablo II Resurrected - API Endpoints

Unfortunately, I have no update for you on plans for availability of a public D2R API :frowning:. We will update the forums if we hear about anything.

1 Like

I appreciate the ā€œupdateā€, even though it doesnā€™t tell us anything. Thereā€™s no reason why there canā€™t be a public API; read-only would be fine with me. Based on the other posts, Blizzard has provided this for other games.

Is there a reason why D2R is kept in the dark? With a 20+ year-old game I would have thought it would happen open-sourced by now. Instead, we have to hack our way to making the simplest QoL changes, whereas in D2 the available mods are expansive and some are quite impressive.

1 Like

Hey Korakk, thanks for the update. Unfortune to hear that, itā€™d be fantastic for D2R to receive API support.

As mentioned by AJGringo read-only would probably be fine for most applications Iā€™d assume (again I have 0 experience with APIs, just a rough general idea of what they do), something like being able to export your Bnet character to the Maxroll D2R Planner if you wish to do some character theorycrafting, exporting your stash/inventory info to fan websites like diablo2. io to facilitate easier trading, creating a program similar to DiabloInterface that would allow you to share character info with people in realtime, and many other things Iā€™m sure.

Lots of potential applications that would be awesome!

1 Like

+1. It will be great to have an Item Manager like Destiny 2 has, in order to add this, Diablo needs API support.

Hope this can be done someday!

Cheers

1 Like

Any chance to get an update? An API whould be so great and whould improve D2R a lot, just read only whould be enough, to get infos from the game/char to for example track runs or extract stashes/equipment/skillsā€¦
Whould be nice to get this game up to date :slight_smile: not need to mention that like every nowadays game/application provides APIs. + it whould be pretty easy to realise, just provide some interfaces which extracting some current game filesā€¦

2 Likes

Bumping this again to see if thereā€™s any possibility of adding a functionality to access the D2R chat channels. It would be really helpful to watch for changes in Terror Zones with the new 2.5 update.

Access to an API for this would let me create an accurate notification system for when certain zones become terrorized. I donā€™t think this would cause any unbalanced gameplay, but instead give users incentive to hop on and play when the Moo Moo Farm is terrorized. (Or whatever your favorite farming spot is!)

4 Likes

+1 I just want to keep this going, love the idea of having api end points for d2r!

1 Like

Agreed, I hope they add API support for D2R. So many possibilities with character data, inventory/stash data, chat channels, terror zones, etc.

1 Like

+1
I want to also express interest in Diablo 2 Resurrected API,
It would be fun if we could get something along of lines of event streaming service publishing events on whenever all the players/single player kills a boss, drops some uniques, maybe build a desktop app that allows users to track their progress for their build(which bosses should they farm), amount of given unique they dropped and from which monster it dropped, maybe what type of damage they received the most, so they could adjust their build etc.
Even if there was some kind of legal way to subscribe to a local game session and extract that data, it would be great.

Itā€™d be really cool to get some API support for D2R! :grin:

+1 for this feature request. This would help immensely in planning characters for ladder, hardcore and overall fun.

Has this ever even been mentioned in sprint plannings?

1 Like

You are a persistent bunch :smiley:. Although we still do not have an update for you, I want to make sure you know you are being heard. We will continue to push this feedback upwards.

3 Likes

Thanks Korakk, even if nothing happens your communication is greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™d just like to chip in and add my name to the list of stakeholders in this matter :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Donā€™t suppose thereā€™s been any new developments with D2R APIs have there? ^^

1 Like

Adding my name to the list of requestors :slight_smile:

1 Like

Filtering games by creation time, such as excluding games over 10 minutes old, sounds like a great idea too. It would save a lot of time and prevent joining games that are already in progress.

Having the ability to filter games by difficulty and player count is also a fantastic suggestion. Itā€™s frustrating when you join a game only to find out itā€™s too difficult or already full.

And hey, a ā€œCopy Nameā€ button that puts the game name in your clipboard would be a nice addition. It would make hopping into the game you just found much more convenient.

I completely understand your frustration with the in-game list refreshing at the wrong time or not updating fast enough. Having a dedicated website to help solve this issue sounds like a fantastic solution.

Hi,
just to give examples/motivation for the solution I proposed in January,
Planetside 2 released in 2012 provides an API that streams events live from the servers such as kills, deaths, experience ticks etc.
There are quite few of applications that use that for player game session tracking, over time improvements, player population, faction/guild stats just to give an example.
In terms of infrastructure I think just streaming events on 127.0.0.1 would suffice and be decently straightforward to implement.
Example of events (made on the fly) could be:

• DamageTaken{rawDamage, damageType, resistancePercent, damageTaken, sourceType(mob,trap), sourceId}
  • DamageDealt{mobId, type, damageResisted, damageDealt, damageRaw}
  • MonsterKilled{mobId, experienceGained, monsterDrops=[]}
  • ItemDropped{itemUUID, itemType, itemQuality, sourceType(container/mob), sourceId}
  • ItemIdentified{itemUUID, itemType, itemQuality, stats=[], etcā€¦}
  • LocationEntered (could be a base for an updating view with area loot table)
  • GameStarted, GameEnded (base for summaries of runs)

This could be used to provide statistics (thats what makes D2R fun doesnā€™t it ?) on which location/monster user has better luck playing :wink: .
Of course it would be nice to have static API for game content data but i think the community will manage without it :smiley:.

1 Like

Any news about D2R API?

Hello! I would also love D2 API access, specifically the ladder data.

1 Like