Diablo II Resurrected - API Endpoints

Will Diablo II Resurrected have APIs available? If so, is there a timeline and what APIs are planned?

14 Likes

Good question! Can any dev respond to this? Even if the response is just ā€˜NOā€™.

+1, would also like to know what diablo 2 resurrected might offer for API endpoints.

It would be really dope to get access to a messaging API; especially if it extends to include the item data from the new feature which lets you share all the item info in chat.

Good question! Id love to know that too

+1 good question I have a pretty cool idea for HC players but would like to know if there any plans for api

+1 I would love to see data for ladder seasons

Hi , everyone! Great question!

So far thereā€™s no answer to this question.
If that changes, weā€™ll share what we can as soon as possible.

Thanks!

7 Likes

If you guys are considering API options, I would love to get access to the current games list and make a web app with some filtering:

-Name (enabling a search for ā€œcowā€ or ā€œbaalā€ etc)
-Creation time (allowing filtering of games by creation time, example: excluding games over 10 minutes old)
-Difficulty (for filtering)
-Player count (filter out full games)

Then I could make a "Copy Nameā€™ button to put the name in your clipboard and your all set to hop in the game you just found! It can be hard to find games in the in-game list and it always seems to refresh for me at the wrong time (refreshes right when I saw one I wanted, or doesnā€™t refresh fast enough when Iā€™m waiting). I know that it how the old one worked too, but it wouldnā€™t be too hard to make a quick website to help solve that.

Thanks for your consideration!

3 Likes

I would be extremely interested in this, even for a small scale friend group. Itā€™d be great even just to see each friendā€™s character and level. Secondarily their stats, gear, etc. Even would be extra deep if we could access each friendā€™s stash!

1 Like

i hope d2r api just like d3

Hello Drakhalno,

Is there any new information about this API documentation?

Best regards

This, could not have said it better. Or maybe Blizz couldā€™ve added those options ingame when re-selling a 20y old game for 40 bucks :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just a head up to keep the topic up.

Iā€™m a Junior Dev and would love as a personal project to work with a D2r API building a small app.

Hoping that you guys out there at blibli will release some documentation at some point

I am hoping that they do eventually get an API set up for D2R, but right now it sounds like they are putting out fires left, right, and center with the old gameā€™s net code. I would guess that an API will be on the back burner until the game is running smoothly and they have all the kinks worked out.

It is a good sign for continued support of the game that they had good sales and huge concurrent player numbers. Hopefully there is lots more D2R improvements and support in the future and possibly some API support.

Any word on this? Not that I have any experience with APIs at all, but allowing stuff like sharing stash/character info would be really cool for those that do want to.

Something like DiabloInterface for D2R would be fantastic for speedrunners and streamers, and sharing stash info could be very useful for trading websites like diablo2io and trading Discord servers.

Perhaps itā€™s too early to ask right now, but maybe after 2.4 and Ladder launches and everything is stable would be a good time.

1 Like

I would love to have a D2R API to request character data. Also static endpoints would be very useful to request game data that changes over patch releases.

1 Like

/bump

It would be great to have an Addon API, like in WoW. It would breathe new life into the game.

1 Like

Bump.
Any news here?
For our community a ladder API would be very nice.
Also some Endpoints that allow run tracking or even drop tracking would be awesome aswell.
Reading our inventories via API would make muling much easier. This could also be achieved by allowing to get a local copy of the save files. We could even use these for single player if we want to.

2 Likes

Donā€™t suppose thereā€™s been any new developments here has there?

An API for character/stash info would go a long way to facilitate trading or making useful utilities like DiabloInterface that content creators or speedrunners could use to share character info (level, gear, skills, resists, etc.) with viewers, among many other possibilities.

Itā€™s almost been a year since your post here, donā€™t suppose youā€™ve gotten any updates regarding D2R APIs have you?