Diablo II (2000) LOD - Game creating issue

Same issue here - I create a game, stay on the “create game” screen for 10 more seconds, get a quick “dark wanderer entering the monastery” loading screen, then right back to the create game screen. I checked the bnet logs in my diablo2 folder but couldn’t find any clues in there. Thank you to anyone who can help.

Hey everyone,

I don’t have much information to offer on what may be happening here, but the issue has been reported up for investigation. There is no ETA on a potential resolution but if I get any additional information on the matter, I will post here.

In the meantime, if the issue does not happen on a different realm/mode, you are welcome to play on the other realms.

2 Likes

Same issue here on USEast, been like it for 2 days.

i have the same issue , and im pretty sure is because somes of games IPS from Blizzards are down , pls fix it

I have had the same problem for 2 days now .

1 Like

Anyone else here thinking it may not be just a coincidence that those problems occur during the server slam?

3 Likes

was just thinking the same thing bet it works fine when slam is over

I can tell you exactly what your issue is. The gateways that maintain the connection needed to create games for Battle.net were ignored when the realms were put back up from the previous down-time that had just happened recently.
You can tell your “engineers” to add that to their things to check list.

3 Likes

If this was happening for D2 resurrected the problem would be fixed practically right away just saying

1 Like

Non paying customer now though so largely ignored

@Bledsoe Have you tried frying an egg with your mental psi power from the other room. In terms of whilst the loader tries to make a game, and then during the duration of that 10s that the loading screen globy fills up? Maybe there is an EMI blocking your remote vision. I’d troubleshoot those aspects first, before trusting any bnet logs.
Dude

Would someone from Blizz please take care of that…

2 Likes

this happens at the end of every season
the xp numbers get too big for the servers to handle all at once.
nothing new, they cheaped out on the cpu clusters hosting the game, again.

what’s going on over in US-EAST, on the diablo 2 legacy server?
can’t make a game
can’t play the game
what’s the point of running the “app” again?
(what’s sad about this, this always happens suspiciously near the end of ladder)
hmmm wonder why
(so no one can reach the ladder board and top any of the bot runners)

stop feeding bliz money if they are gonna cheat us like this~
(those supposedly illegal online stores guys, blizz regulates them all)
if what i am saying, was a lie, there would be a CRAP TON of BANS over on ladder,
WE ALL KNOW THIS, the end, BLIZZARD CAUGHT LYING and CHEATING US,

THE SERVER HAS BEEN BROKEN FOR DAYS,
and you are all over there,
sitting around-doing nothing about it.

this is ridiculous its been almost 3 days now that we cant make games but can join games . I’m guessing you all know how to fix it but don’t want to because your to busy with D4 that if you check probably not as many care about as you think. please fix the game

1 Like

Hi,

I was able to start 2 games on US East (first attempt, both times)… The only word we got from Blizzard was yesterday… here: Diablo II (2000) LOD - Game creating issue - #22 by Kershew

I was a bit surprised when the 2 games started on the first attempt… usually, I have to try 3 or 4 times… or more  :frowning:  . Perhaps I got lucky ??

What realm are you playing on ?

Tried just now… US East… same hero as this PM… broken now :frowning:

1 Like

In my testing of U.S.West…the problem is only on ladder. The non-ladder games can still be made without issue.

I can make games on ladder too, but only intermittently. It’s not consistent. It goes to the the portal animation and then suddenly back to the main game selection lobby.

There is no error on the screen such as…“Failed To Join.” Just flips back after the portal fire bursts through the door in the animation.

1 Like

Yeah same here… and when attempting to create a new game for the next iteration, I needed to put in a new name for the game… otherwise, I got a “There’s already a game with that name” (or something like that). And then, for no particular reason, after a few tries… it all worked and the new game was created.

I’ve had troubles on US East with my non-ladder heroes… and my ladder heroes… creating games.

Don’t know… it’s weird !

2 Likes

I’m on east also having same problem ladder and nonladder

1 Like

It’s getting worse… 8 tries to make a game (non-ladder).

:frowning: