Diablo 2 - VPN Ban

If you did anything that triggered the anti cheat software then you have to wait out the restriction. You can read about the restrictions here

Those are controlled by the software and are not something that CS can change for you.

If you wish to know the duration of your restrictions you can put in a ticket via Support at the top right of the website.

Note: MVPs are other players, not Blizzard staff.

Hey do you know how long the restriction is? It hasn’t told me anywhere how long I have to wait. I got rid of the vpn, I’m just trying to shred with my homies.

I’m confused on the whyyy

For VPN use, it’s two weeks from the last attempt with a VPN active.

2 Likes

The last attempt with a VPN on? Or the last attempt period?
Cause I like tried to log in to check a few hours ago, does that mean I have to wait 2 more weeks from now?

1 Like

The last attempt while a VPN was active.

2 Likes

Just with the VPN active. I’ll edit that into my reply.

So any attempts without it active are safe.

EDIT: DarkJedi the ninja :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Heheh, just trying to help. :smiley:

1 Like

When it comes to D2 tech systems, TheDarkJedi knows a few more things than I do Levi. He can be quite helpful.

3 Likes

You should FREAKIN STATE IT WHEN YOU ARE ABOUT TO LOG IN BATTLE.NET in game… This is ridiculous that something like that can happen in 2021. Who could imagine getting banned for any length using a VPN. That’s retarded. I even bought 2 more games in my other computers… and i havent logged using the VPN on those… and still cant log on any computers… seriously thats frustrating to a point.

I wholly agree that there should be a warning somewhere. However, with the game being old and out of development, it’s not likely Bliz will make any changes to it.

However, feedback has been sent up asking to provide some kind of a warning somewhere. For example, maybe a warning on the download page that links to the temporary play restrictions support article.

On a side note, MVPs are not Bliz employees. We’re regular players/community members but with green text.

Awesome… working from home, end of day I forgot to disable vpn before attempting to log into Diablo 2… banned for doing nothing wrong. Error message is so obscure it took an hour of research before I realized what happened.

Been playing Diablo religiously since D1 but be dammed if I’ll wait out a 2 week ban over this.

Anyone up for Path of Exiles?

you could play offline. diablo 2 have 2 offline modes: single player and lan.

Yes like I said, I’ve been playing the series since D1.

I know what I could do, except, I play with friends. No, I don’t want to start over
neither do my friends even if we wanted to play via the other multiplayer options… and why should I even expect them to.

Let’s now skip the rant, it’s been done by many others I’ve now come to learn.

How about we also skip the “You could just…” AKA… “Suck it up princess” BullS**t and all admit that this is an obvious issue as a result of a lazy fix pure and simple.

Ehhh… I don’t agree with you there. Diablo 2 is a 20 year old game on 20 year old Bnet architecture. Without rebuilding both there are significant limits to what they can do for anti cheating methods. It is not perfect, but it is the lesser of evils. They DO need to provide a warning though - so people know to turn off the VPN. That feedback has been passed on but I have no idea if they will agree to implement one anywhere.

D2R on the other hand will be using a modern engine over it and running on modern Bnet so should not have those same restrictions.

1 Like

A good start would be to add a short and to the point message about VPN and business class isp usage when clicking the downloaded link for the game downloader.

They could also put the message in the game downloader while the game is downloading. It’s not like those html errors are doing any good anyway.

:man_shrugging:

Yes, that is what I suggested when I talked to the Diablo CM lead and to my Customer Support Contact. Of course, it is the Hacks team, the Diablo Dev team, and the Web team would would end up involved in that decision. I find that anything cross team at Blizzard tends to take a long time - if ever - to happen.

I think I am banned too, but its not for a VPN. My modem changed recently does that make it think I used a VPN?
Kind of a separate topic, but why cant our blizzard account with our games TELL us next to it that we are banned, and how long it might be? So you arent just sitting there in the dark wondering if your game is broke or what it is.
Someone I know just logged in, and I cant so no explanation except I got banned for something silly like creating too many games or pressing X instead of Y too many times too quickly.

could be. i never play online myself, because i only play lan and single player so, i never encountered the problem myself.

i had the same problem, had to buy a new cdkey, reinstalled to get back gaming…

wasnt really going to wait 2 weeks of that sh*t…

now i am wondering how ill pay my credit card, since i was in vacation and my income will be less in april :frowning: