Diablo 2 US-EAST HARDDOWN

Did you confirm that with Support?

I think it was a temp ban from East realm Iā€™m realizing this now. I also had the same exact problem I could play on west with a new account but was stuck at checking versions on east. How did you go about downloading the game again after mine is bugging and wonā€™t let me for some reason?

It seems that Blizzard, for now, is trying to prevent Mac users from continuing to play D2LOD. I too have a late 2009 iMac, that I have been playing D2LOD on since I bought it in 2009. I also have the same issue, with a slight difference. ā€œChecking Versionsā€ is where my game stops loading. Issue started with USEast, so I then tried USWest, with similar results. I then, successfully was able to register and play (albeit for a short time) on the Europe server. After having played on the Europe server for a few times, the very same issue has now popped up. I have successfully registered and have been playing on the Asia server, with good luck so far. My point is, the ā€œChecking Versionsā€ page that you, I and I presume every other Mac user has recently experienced, means that Blizzard is trying to weed out the Mac user. Mac users canā€™t cross over to the new D2R formats, which could be a very sticky issue for Blizzard.

Well that would be kinda dumb considering the fact that Iā€™m just trying to play so I can have a decent character for the remastered version.

There is only one other reference page I know about that mentions using Archive Utility for Mac to unzip the downloader properly.

Itā€™s an old page though. Make sure to click on the Mac tab as it defaults to the Windows tab.

Yes, Blizz responded saying a lot of people are having this issue and they are looking into it. No temp ban.

Hey thanks for the info about the archive utility. I got the installer up but it just keeps stopping at around 30 mb into the download and I have to force quit. What s up with that?

I would just read through the rest of the ideas on that page likeā€¦

1. Run as Admin
  2. Disable Firewall/Virus software other background apps.
  3. Direct connect to your modem (no wireless).

Sometimes the download servers just stop for unknown reasons too. It took me weeks to download Diablo 3.

Maybe just let it run overnight, maybe itā€™ll download faster during those times.

Iā€™ve done everything other than hardwire it that you listed. Itā€™s almost like when the 404-page not found murloc guys pops up thatā€™s when it stops.

When it comes to the brief USEast outage from Wednesday, Bliz did say they were looking into it, but they also said it was resolved the same day (two days before you initially posted).

You mentioned that you are getting the ā€œchecking versionsā€ error. That wasnā€™t part of the USEast problem and Bliz said that it could be due to a temporary play restriction.

I donā€™t understand what you are saying? This is the exact response I got yesterday

"I understand that there is an issue with US East not connecting for D2. I know how disheartening it is when a game server doesnā€™t work right. Weā€™ve been getting many reports about this and have the team looking into the server.

Hopefully things are back up before to much longer and youā€™re able to play. If you need any additional assistance please let us know."

This is not a temp ban, something is screwed with the servers and itā€™s still not fixed.

I can only assume the GM had outdated information.

Since the post that USEast was back up 3 days ago, Iā€™ve been able to get on every time without issue, including right now.

You may want to reopen that ticket and point the GM to Drakulothā€™s post above, and have them double check your restriction status.

I have this exact issue on both US East and Europe realms.
I play (or better: used to) on my Macbook running on MacOS Mojave. Since Saturday, I get stuck at ā€žChecking Versionsā€¦ā€œ on Us East and Europe. Asia and US West are fine to login and play.
Very frustrating to lose access to my whole account with all chars and items without warning

Unfortunately, until thereā€™s some kind of confirmation that thereā€™s a new issue on the service side, itā€™s hard to tell what the cause is.

The nature of a service problem is that there isnā€™t any warning, so not much (besides telling the future) can be done about it. On the other hand, the causes of temporary play restrictions could have warnings placed somewhere more obvious, but unfortunately they are not.

I opened a support ticket yesterday and havenā€˜t heard back. So I have no clue whether my account is restricted on purpose or not. All I know if that I am 100% legit and have just lost access to everything.
Is there anything that I can do to speed up the process of getting ā€žsome kind of confirmationā€œ?

With tickets, not really. They are placed in a queue and answered in order.

Are you using PC? I am using Mac, and the Check Version issue remains until now. I have never used any bots.

So any Mac players still having the same issue on USEast?

Pretty much all Mac users are still having the same issue.

Correct, I have not heard of any mac users having success on East. Same issue for me since Thursday. Send support tickets if you have not already.

Same here since thurs, and I canā€™t even re download the game again after uninstalling. The given link from lion it just stops after a few mbs and I have to force quit.