Diablo 2 LoD: You were disconnected from Battle.net. Please reconnect

I have the exact same issue, except I am only playing from home and using residential wired internet without a VPN. This was their response.

" After taking a look, it appears that the IP you were using to connect to the game was temporarily suspended and as a result, the CD key has also been suspended for 2 weeks.

This was likely due to using a VPN service, which can cause a temporary restriction.

As this penalty is an intended function by the Diablo 2 Admins, this isn’t something that be reduced or removed. You will need to wait for the suspension to be over and try again without any other programs running.

If this happens again without any VPN software etc then this may be due to something the ISP is doing, such as using a hosting / cloud service or a business / enterprise connection.

I want a refund, this is BS

If Blizzard is going to sell this game then they should warn the customers upfront that they are running janky old servers that may ban you for 2 weeks without warning or reason. I would’ve never decided to play this game again had I known that this would happen. Now the hours spent grinding to find items are all wasted because the mule characters they are on will expire before I can play again. This is absolutely TERRIBLE service!!!

3 Likes

Is this temp ban tied to the Bnet account, D2 LOD account, IP or CD Key? Would a mobile hot spot not running on Wifi be subject to the same Temp Ban? I knew about the old janky servers and the Bots and I decided to play anyways. Seems pretty ridiculous as this policy gives those who travel professionally and want to play remote the shaft, with out warning and with no recourse other than wait 2 weeks. I am in the same boat as I started playing at home with the ladder reset and now the mule chars that I have some of my best gear on will be lost because I tried to play from a hotel. If there is such a system in place, and there is no customer service reviewing case by case exceptions, at the very least it should at least be shorter than the auto purge time for new characters.

1 Like

Banned for 14 days for trying to play at a hotel out of town. GG blizzard thanks a lot. What a frickin joke!! Guess I’ll cancel my d2 remaster order now.

3 Likes

Cancelling is certainly your prerogative, Rambo, but know that D2R will not have the same restriction issues that legacy D2 has.

Unfortunately I just purchased this, installed at home with no vpn, and ran straight into this message on first connect. From reading here, I guess that puts me in the category of “ISP does weird stuff with signal so you cant play ever”. Im still definitely getting the remastered version, and I can totally respect many of the ban reasons made here. I do think any person being banned because of ISP though deserves attention since there are often only 1 ISP available in many locations. I live in Springfield MO, so its not that I live in the extreme rural area where normal internet is less expected. I think the sale of the game is inexcusable if there are fully unresolvable situations where you might purchase the game and literally have no way to ever play it. If this was just a 2 week wait it would be frustrating but understandable. I think Blizzard might not mislead customers into angry backlash if they just shut the servers down when they are not supported rather than letting gamers like me think that since the servers are still up I can just buy a new copy of the game and play - only to run into an unfixable perma-ban, rendering my spent money fruitless. Just my opinion, but I am disappointed in Blizzard’s stance on that small niche of people.

Hey meyup,

Was that when trying to connect to USWest? If so, try another region and see if lets you in.

It was US East. I am currently trying US West and hanging on “Checking Versions”. Im not one to give up easily, so I will post here if I ever succeed, and will not be adding any more negativity than I already posted as it won’t improve or help anyone. Thanks for the tip to try another server, I will happily continue any and all troubleshooting steps I can find here or elsewhere.

I am sad to report I am now getting the same message from all attempted gateways. Will have to try again mid July.

Okay.

USWest has been having issues recently so I just wanted to see if that was what was preventing you from connecting. But, if you can’t get onto any realm, then it is likely there is a temporary play restriction of some kind in place.

This is exactly what I’m going through and told them too, they have dozens of returning players who are trying to get ready and back into diablo 2 for the resurrected and instead of catering to us, they are pushing us as customers away from their company.

Saying they cant do anything about it may be reality; but there should be someone trying to change this cuz its about to cost the company alot of money cuz this is a common vibe that folks would rather uninstall than buy the new d2 resurrected after this treatment, or play path of exile or something better.

Yes this is my vibe as well, the staff make this the most frusterating part honestly.

If they know this is such a problem and “something cant be done about it” than they should be trying to tell their higher ups that theres a huge problem thats effecting large chunk of customers and needs a solution; doubly so with d2 resurrected coming out cuz its losing the company many customers.

Hotels generally use business class internet services and the legacy system is going to block you from connecting with these connections.

The information we can check via the forums is limited, but did get what I could checked and found no temp bans at the moment. It is a old system and it’s very strict on its criteria. If you haven’t done so already I recommend at least sending a support ticket since they can check in a little more depth. This way we can at least verify if it’s a temp ban or something else.

I too have the same issue , stuck on check versions, then says try connecting again in a few minutes, anyone able to check ? see if i got a temp?

Hey Maximus0,

There are a number of behaviors that cause temporary play restrictions, a list of which can be found here . Restrictions come in different forms and lengths depending on what causes them. If you want to check to see if you are restricted, you can submit a support ticket to inquire. You can use this support ticket .

There are several required fields in order to submit: (assuming Windows) Traceroute upload, DXDIAG upload, MSINFO upload and a Description.

The three file uploads aren’t needed for this kind of inquiry. So, you can

1. manually create three text files,
  2. name them with their respective names,
  3. put something inside them (anything will do, they just can’t be blank inside),
  4. upload

Then type your question in the “Description” field and submit it. Make sure you reach the confirmation screen.

tried , cant get it going, any other way?!?!

any other way? tried this and wont let me finish

What’s happening when you try to submit it? I just tried making a ticket the way I described above, and it went through.

Try clearing your browser’s cache or try a different browser altogether.

I truly hope you all are wrong with a 14 day ban and your wrong about the logging in at a hotel. I loaded it up at home and tested i could get in a game and all was good. Go to St Louis and get in my hotel and bam i keep getting this message, so i searched and found this thread. I called my wife back in KC to try to log in on my home computer and guess what its now getting this same message about getting disconnected. I have been playing Blizzard games since 56k dial up and my key is from original cd’s. To think i could get a 14 day ban on my cd for something as stupid as trying to login at a hotel is a joke and frankly i don’t care if you say its not supported anymore. With the amount of money we pay for Blizzard stuff, is it really asking that much for something as stupid as this not to have been fixed?

1 Like

Trouble is, Ayuthaiya, it’s not a matter of fixing anything because it’s working as intended. The prohibited behaviors/play restrictions exist for server security and stability. Yes, legit players do get caught up in the system, but without it, the platform would have far more exploitative behaviors clogging the system for everyone.

I elaborated a bit in a previous post above:

Lol I legit have a VPN and had no clue about not using it. Guess I will have to wait the 2 weeks because I am getting the you have been disconnected from battle net please reconnect :frowning: