D2R - can't start new game, error msg: already in a game

hi! i am keep getting an error that my character is already in a game and thus won’t start a new game. any idea what can i do? logged out/exited app, nothing worked so far. thanks!

33 Likes

Happening to me too.

2 Likes

There is no one left at Blizz to help us…

1 Like

me too… and the work day is almost over…

1 Like

having the same issue and new chars cant start a game

1 Like

Same here

20 character post here

1 Like

Same Here as well…Can’t do anything.

1 Like

Same here. how do others level up to 30?

1 Like

Same here, error code is:

“Failed to enter game. This character is already in a game on the server. Please try again.”

Surprise surprise, trying again does nothing.

2 Likes

I’ve gotten the same error message. Been locked out for about an hour now cuz of it.

2 Likes

Same issue. Failed to enter game. Character already on server. Can’t even delete the char. Can’t start a new game because Everytime it crashes with an endless black screen.

5 Likes

Same here ! already in game

1 Like

in game for over last two hours… good night everybody :frowning:

1 Like

Same for me. Stared out in PS5, saved and quit, notice that I was back on level 1. Tried creating a new game with the same character and got a black screen with glitchy music in the background. Figured to try it on my switch and got the “this character is already in a game” message.

2 Likes

So pretty much we payed 40 bucks to watch few streamers PLAY while we got emotional for the game and spend money on it,so now we cant play…

3 Likes

Now my character disappeared. I made another char to see if I could play that one… now both are gone.

I have the same issue

Also got this error - been 3 hours now.

1 Like

Happening to me too.

同样的问题,进入游戏,一会又回到初始界面