D2 - Unable To Identify Version

Hi there,

I’ve reinstalled D2 since a couple of months break, and I noticed that I can’t access bnet in any available server because the game keeps saying: “Unable to identify version”.

I’ve already tryied all of this solutions:

• Blizzard Forums
  • Unninstalling and deleting every single D2 file in my computer.
  • Running as Admin
  • Running with compatibility modes
  • Restarting PC, installing in different user, etc.

I just don’t know what else do and the only guess I have is that I’ve been banned for some unknown reason.

Anybody has/had the same problem?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hey, Aberinkula! Sorry for the delay. I’m not seeing an temporary restrictions on the account here.

It’s possible this error is coming up because of outdated drivers or operating system, as well as security programs or other applications. Let’s try the following:

1 Like

are you installing any mods / other tools? these might prevent you from connecting to bnet. i’m also curious how you installed the game. was it from the CDs or the blizzard digital download?

EDIT: most people i’ve seen with this problem usually have it fixed by #1 in your post. let me know if you need any clarification on that method.

are you installing any mods / other tools? these might prevent you from connecting to bnet.

No mods or old versions running on my PC, I deleted every single file from previous saves and etc.

was it from the CDs or the blizzard digital download?

Blizz digital download. I’ve played last year on US West with no problem, then uninstalled and reinstalled past week. Game is up to date.

did you try deleting the regestry files. i had to do that because median xl mod changes something in there to go to their servers and it doesnt get changed when reinstalling.

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.