Cyrus - Redownload issue when swapping accounts

Was there a fix for this? I have the same problem, I have an account that I had bought the retail version on, I also have this account which I play warzone on mostly, but if i log between the two bnet accounts, there is always an “update game” which is full size ~100gb

Cyrus,

The game client is converting between the Warzone and full versions of the game when you switch accounts. At this time there’s no real work around for this. I recommend that you play the game on your full account to avoid this behavior, and submit feedback for the application here if you’d like to see a change to this behavior.

I found a temp fix. So for those people who have more than one bnet account with warzone on it, and if one of those accounts has the retail version of cod, the game will redownload as an “update” if you swap between accounts. The fix that worked for me was uninstalling the game completely, then log on to your account that has the retail version, install the entire game, and now when you swap to your alt accounts you won’t have to redownload. I think initially downloading the full version of the game first is the way to go. I haven’t had to redownload ever since I did this method

1 Like

You really need to fix this issue. This bug is absolutely mind-boggling. How can you have a game launcher that is too dumb to realize
a) that account X has never played a certain game and thus shouldn’t auto-download it and b) that the full download of this rotten game is already perfectly fine and present in the standard directory on my hard drive?

Even with a stable 100 Mbit/s connection, it hurts so so so much to be forced to download a 110 GB game. Also: An option to cancel a game update is lacking. You’re telling me that I can’t play a single game on the Battle.net launcher without auto-updating it?

This is so very embarassing beyond belief. And one would think that things got better after your visual overhaul. Guess not. Time to dumpster this abomination of a client.

3 Likes

You have a really good point Im gonna have to reintall the whole game on my other account and unintall it on my new one. Im gonna stick to having one account for now but its discusting that Im gonna have to wait an entire day to start playing after paintakingly watching the download going at 3mbps all day.

Hi there, had the same problem when I had a friend over who owned the whole game. What worked for us in the end was, when he logged in immediatly pausing the download, pressing modify install and deselect all the components that are not warzone (multiplayer, campaign etc).

@Drakuloth might be interesting for you guys to look at options to ask people which components they want to install before throwing 100gb at people because they have a different version.