Country/Region change service SOLUTION/FIX

Continuing the discussion from Country/Region change service not working:

I found the link that is normally redirected to from the country/region change service support page: Blizzard Support - Contact Support
It does require you to send a picture of a paper bill or your ID with your current country/address showing in it.

However Blizzard explicitly states on yet another support page that you need to physically hide every sensitive detail like social security number except your name and country etc. so don’t worry about them committing an ID theft on your behalf.

Someone on the forums said they heard back after submitting the form in a week… I just sent mine so let’s see how long does it take to even get a reply let alone the problem fixed.

Cheers, hope you get something out of this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I had to same issue, thought they had just given up on us :frowning: .

I am having a very similar problem.

I made my account in the Netherlands a long time ago but have since moved, now I can’t play over watch (which I achieved GC in). I have tried changing my country although every time I click the button it does not foreword me to anything, so I have checked my active tickets many times and I can see the tickets for just a few hours until they disappear.

I think this is ridiculous as I have played the game for a very long time and now I can’t add a phone number as my prefix does not fit the country I originally made my account in.

Therefore, I can no longer play the game and it seems like support is not working, so I don’t know what to do.

2 Likes

I cant Submit the info and it does not say why. The button is just grayed out.
When I reload the page I can se that it wants my name and email. But I cant fill in the details before they disappear.
Anyone else having the same issue?
What do I do?

I got a reply regarding the phone numbers are not required for old players instead. Tbh, I just want to change my country :confused: They should at least allow their players (especially from OW1) to change it once a year.

Greetings,

You are receiving this response as we have identified your ticket to be related to the recent Overwatch 2 launch.

The Overwatch 2 team has made the decision to remove phone number requirements for a majority of existing Overwatch players. Any Overwatch player with a connected Battle.net account, which includes all players who have played since June 9, 2021, will not have to provide a phone number to play. We are working to make this change and expect it to go live on Friday, October 7.

More updates will be posted directly on the following forum thread:
Overwatch 2 Launch Status Update - Announcements - Overwatch Forums

Should you still require help, please make sure to include any relevant information and documentation in your ticket.

Details of what’s required can be found on the related support articles:
Country Change: Blizzard Support - Battle.net Account Country/Region Change
Add a Phone Number: Blizzard Support - Battle.net Phone Notifications
Update Phone Number: Blizzard Support - Update Battle.net Account Phone Number

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Is this in effect for anyone? I still can’t get into the game because it tells me to do an SMS verification. I’ve definitely had my account for longer than 2021.

It still asked me that, but I tried clicking ‘‘Already added a phone number’’ and it let me in the game. My skins, etc. are also already there, but for some reason, heroes are locked aside from the free ones. Thought old players will have them unlocked already.

Update: I can now login without being asked for my phone number.

I really wanna say sorry