Change of region

Hello. When I registered for World of Warcraft and paid, the game registered me as being in Asia, but I happen to alternate between a European and Asian location in real life. The friends with whom I play with are all located in Europe. That’s a problem for me because I can’t join them on the same game servers where they are. Can someone help me to change my location, knowing that I just paid the subscription ?

I would highly suggest contacting blizzard support for region transfer. This happen to my friend as well and everything was fixed. :ok_hand:
just open a ticket. Hope this help

1 Like

No they can’t. World of Warcraft is Region locked and you have to buy a separate copy of the game for each Region. Support can’t change that.

They might be able to refund the Subscription though if you JUST did it and have not been playing on it. So that is reasonable to ask for. You would have to put in a ticket to see if you are eligible for a refund.

Once that is done you would need to buy a copy of the game in the EU region and apply your game time to that license.

If you need help navigating the Support system. The WoW Customer Support forum serves as an Information Desk to help with that, and to explain policies. There are no GMs there, but they can help you get tickets to the right places.

1 Like

Yeah! That’s true that Warcraft is a region lock game. When my friend transfer to Europe they just requested for changing the region instead of buying another subs.
The thing is , you must be living in Europe because support might ask I.D. to prove you living in that region. Hope this help :innocent: Though I can’t answer all question but they really do this in my friends Warcraft account.

Blizzard really can’t do that and did not do it for your friend. What the ID was for was to change the Country on the Bnet account so that your friend could purchase the game and sub in their new Country of residence. Purchases tend to also be Region and currency specific.

Here is the info explaining that Blizzard Support - Battle.net Account Country/Region Change

They require proof of residency, and that you are the account holder.

Support can refund a sub in the wrong region if it was just purchased but they can’t MOVE it themselves. Just give you back the money so you can buy it in the Region you wanted.

Now there you go. Hahaha . Hope the one who ask gain enough information. Thanks by the way :joy: I’ll create better story next time to troll the best answer :smile: :heartpulse:

1 Like

Thanks I will try the next time I go in Europe !

this is not the world of warcraft forum. if you want to ask world of warcraft support questions you should create a free account in the region you want to post in and then a character ingame. you do need to level up that character to level 10 or something. it takes a little time but, it is free.